Dual-Chamber Slurpee Cups Coming To 7-11

Adam forgot to mention these with his “Sweet Treats” post earlier this week… Dual-Chambered Slurpee Cups Coming to 7-Eleven.  Long overdue if you ask me.

In June, 7-Eleven will be slapping Slurpees into cups with dual chambers, a special valve and two straws that let folks drink one or two Slurpee flavors at a time. One in three customers at 7-Eleven buys a drink, says Jesus Delgado-Jenkins, SVP of marketing.

12 comments on “Dual-Chamber Slurpee Cups Coming To 7-11

1. maxchain says:

That’s funny, they think we think they’ll turn out like in the picture.

2. SkippyMom says:

So they added a fancy straw to an already existing product….Weren’t we all already doing this?

They had the dual chambers forever and you just had to stick a straw in each one to get the resulting mix.

Otherwise you could just pour two different into one cup and use one straw.

Wow – what will they think of next?

Fake meat? Oh wait. That might have been Taco Bell. :kidding:

3. Nick says:

Is there any way to curtail the St. Lucia video ads that appear on this site? They’re driving me nuts.

The dual-chamber Slurpee is a cool idea, IMO. I’ve never seen these cups at my 7-Eleven, SkippyMom. You could be in a test market.

4. rob says:

If you want to give the finger to the establishment, pull out the dual straw and drink one side at a time.

5. mitchery says:

This looks like the type of product that would require a trip to multiple locations before finding which one I want. Every 7-11 I walk into has something wrong with the slurpee flavors of my choice…either the machine is broken or the it comes out too runny. The local 7-11s here need to step up their game before I give this one a try.

6. Mike N says:

I’m confused… if the cups are dual-chambered, how do they stack them and slide them into that do-hickey that you pull the cups out of? Or am I thinking of this wrong? (it’s a moot point anyway because I rarely go to 7-11 (we have lot better quick shops around) and I’ve never had a slurpee — I’m a Slush Puppy guy. :) )

7. they used to have something that was very similar to this. i don’t remember what they called it, but the idea was that you put slurpee in one side, and soda in the other. and i thought it was brilliant. because i have a hard time getting through an entire slurpee on its own. the soda helps. so i guess it could be used for that? the double straw thing is kind of stupid.

…and if you wanted to mix the flavors, why the hell wouldn’t you just layer it yourself? ARGH now i’m angry i spent so much time thinking about this stupid thing. BOYCOTT 7-11!!

upon re-inspection, it seems as though skippy mom has already covered all of the points i made. now i feel like i’ve REALLY wasted my time. oh god…

• erok0208 says:

they have the dual straw so that the two flavors of slurpee can mix in the little logo thing. i think it is an awesome idea.

8. somesteve says:

your move, circle k! btw- genius idea. somewhere jeff spicoli is smiling.

9. stan says:

where can i see these in texas
    I travel alot in USA

Where is the test market?
    does the straw have any kind of effect on mixing the items better
    or adjust the temperature

stan

10. KS in KS says:

This idea was stolen by 7 & I Holdings – the parent of 7-Eleven. A guy in Kansas City has been working on the concept for the past two years and filed a provisional patent for it on June 13, 2009. He introduced it to 7 & I under the trademark name of ‘Choozee-Straw’ and uploaded an animated video for them at a website of the same name. Big corporation about to screw a little guy out of the fruits of his labor… Spread the word!!! Entrepreneurs fuel innovation and corporations hope they won’t have the $$ to defend their patents. Stand up for the innovators!!