Food News: Tim Hortons gets ‘Fruity’ with Spring Flavors

Fast casual cafe Tim Hortons has long been known for its coffee and donuts, but the Canadian based chain continues to roll out new and enticing breakfast and lunch items in both Canada and the USA. This spring they’re looking to get ‘fruity’ on us all, introducing two Fruit Smoothies and a Strawberry Banana Donut that sounds like a cop’s dream come true. Here’s some more info.

Real Fruit Smoothies (130-290 calories, 0-1.5 g fat, 0-1 g sat fat, 3-60 g sugars)

Our New Real Fruit Smoothies are bursting with a full serving of fruit and available in two flavours. Try the delicious pairing of Strawberry Banana or our Mixed Berry, made with a luscious mix of strawberry, blackberry, blueberry and raspberry. Add low fat yogurt to any Smoothie for a creamier enjoyment!

Strawberry Banana Donut (270 calories, 12 g fat, 5 g sat fat, 22 g sugar)

Tim Hortons has found another way to enjoy two great fruit flavours at the same time! We’ve got a delicious banana cake donut with pockets of strawberry filling on either side. Enjoy one with a cup of our always 20-minute fresh coffee or for extra fruit flavour, try it with a new Fruit Smoothie.

I make sure to visit Tim Horton’s whenever I’m in the western New York area, and will definitely have my eye on trying this new donut the next time I’m in the Buffalo area. Anyone out there tried it yet?

10 comments on “Food News: Tim Hortons gets ‘Fruity’ with Spring Flavors

1. Lot-O-Choc says:

Ooh these look refreshing, bet they’re tasty!

2. SkippyMom says:

I don’t think we have T/H around here – but those smoothies sure look good. :)

3. Chefprotoss or dan says:

Anyone else sick of this smoothie fad? I think its great that people are trying to get more fruits and veggies into their diet, but does anyone ever look in their fridge and say “Fresh strawberries again? There’s got to be a better way!”?

Oh, and this was a fine news post adam. Just gripping about smoothies. =P

• Adam says:

I’m with you. When I have fresh strawberries, I like to make a “power snack” by eating them over ricotta cheese, lemon zest and juice, and balsamic vinegar. Smoothies are great, but fresh fruit is too good to mess with in a cooked application!

4. Matt says:

Iv had both the strawberry banana smoothie and the donut. Both are very good, especially the donut. Its a little on the small size but that just gives you an excuse to order a second! The banana flavor in the donut is awesome, and then when you get the strawberry filling with it gets even better.

5. sophia says:

That donut looks so…pretty. How can fried dough look so ethereal and stunning? I wonder if it looks like that in real life.

I love Tim Hortons!! I remember their coffee being incredibly good.

6. louis says:

When will strawberry bannana donuts be back???