Doritos Locos Tacos from Taco Bell

New to Taco Bell in select markets, Doritos Locos Tacos.  Basically getting your crunchy taco shell in a Doritos Nacho Cheese chip-shell form.  Thanks to Jesse for sending me the pics and info.  Jesse found the Doritos Locos Tacos in Toledo, Ohio.  What do you think?  Taco Bell has gone with a black shell with the Black Jack Taco and a red shell with the Volcano Taco, but that hasn’t been more than just some food coloring.  The Doritos Locos Tacos look to be taking advantage of a flavored cheesy shell.  Take a look:

59 comments on “Doritos Locos Tacos from Taco Bell

1. Adam says:

I wish they had this in Cooler Ranch. Or Taco.

2. Scott says:

sounds like taco bell is running out of ideas. But I am glad they are making use of their partnership with Doritos

• Kat says:

I think you’ve hit the mark here. The thing that worries me about the pictures is the seemingly lack of fillings in the taco itself. I’m all for out of the box shell ideas but you’ve gotta back it up with generous amounts of lettuce, cheese, beans, etc…

• Raiders757 says:

Seems this is just the regular crunchy taco in a Dorito flavored shell, which never have generous amounts of cheese and such in them. If it’s the same price, then fine. If it’s more expensive, then yes, there best be some added goodies.

• Anon says:

I’m pretty sure the Doritos taco shell in the picture is just an empty shell.

Meh; adds nothing to appeal to me.

• Susi-Oh says:

You expect too much from a very inexpensive taco, but I definitely prefer mine with a “regular” shell. I don’t like doritos (just junkier junk food), but if people go for it, by all means. Normally no complaints about the amount of filling in the Taco Bell tacos either.

3. Josh says:

ok…my mind = blown…it amazes me these days what a fast food company would do to make food worse for you…(I am totally 100% game to trying this)

4. maxchain says:

That’s just gross. ANYTHING but Nacho Cheese.

5. @graciHas says:

yeah i prefer cooler ranch doritos in general, they should at least offer that option for their $2 meal deals. this new nacho cheese shell seems interesting, hopefully they toned down the level of sodium for it

6. Mike N says:

It sounds good to me! But does it come as a premium over the regular taco, or is it the same price?

• Zachary Jacob Zblewski says:

Looks like $1.19 or $1.29 (can’t make out the 2nd number) for a Taco and $1.49 for a Taco Supreme.

7. Justin ST says:

Put real meat in them and then we’ll talk.

8. Zachary Jacob Zblewski says:

Reminds me of these: http://www.kraftbrands.com/tbho/product_view_10nfts.html
    They make those in Ranch, so perhaps there is hope.

9. Robert says:

That does not sound good. As others have suggest a cool ranch version might be ok but, not the nacho cheese version.

10. missouri says:

Is that a dorito in my taco, or a taco in my doritio?…either way, that is loco!!

11. Steve says:

If they could work out a Mountain Dew sauce, i might not have to eat anywhere else ever again.

12. J.B. says:

That sounds awesome.
    Of course I will be trying it with either the chicken or the steak and not the dog food meat.

13. Swampfox says:

Taco Smell has crossed the line and gone too far with this one. The only thing worse would be nacho cheese dorito shell with their pacific shrimp nestled in there. Sprinkled with toe nail clippings.

14. Heidi says:

Hmm…I wonder if it’ll leave those nice orange powdery fingerprints like a regular Dorito does? BTW: I wish they’d bring back the Blackjack tacos. I loved them…

• IBeAnonymous says:

If I remember correctly, the only thing different about them was the pepper jack sauce (the sauce is on the baja chalupa/gordita and on the crispy potato soft taco) and the black shell. The shell tasted the same as the normal shell, so you could just get a crunch taco and ask for pepper jack/baja sauce. I think it would probably be about 30 cents for an extra sauce.

15. Matt says:

Just had one here in Findlay Ohio. Let me tell you, it’s not a very good deal for $1.19. Beefy crunch burritos are double the size for cheaper.

16. somesteve says:

def. wanna try. how can this not work?

17. steven p says:

Sounds yummy. But the pictures are fail. A shot of the full taco would be nice. As would a close-up of a sign or menu not taken from far away.

• Jesse says:

They are regular hard tacos man, if you don’t know what those look like I don’t know what to tell ya…point of the pictures was to show the shell not what a regular hard taco looks like. Also, the pictures were actually a lot bigger and easier to read but were scaled down obviously.

18. tony jaguar says:

Jesus wept

19. Chris Bourke says:

Ohhh ya???!

20. […] food he enjoys putting in his mouth.Hence my interest in Taco Bell’s newest top secret taco. GrubGrade.com reports that a location in Toledo, Ohio is offering a menu item called the “Doritos Loco Taco,” […]

21. Todd Mills says:

Have been campaigning for taco shells made from Doritos for two years… http://www.facebook.com/cheesyshells

22. […] Via Tags: doritos, taco bell, WIN Previous postExploding H-Bombs In Space […]

23. […] It is unclear if or when this product will be nationally available, but if you’re in the Toledo, Ohio area, you may just be in luck, as it’s one of the test markets for the bright orange nacho cheese […]

24. inkedAG says:

Ok, I have to say it…Ranch flavored and ranch dressing in general is foul and disgusting. It tastes like the name RAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNCCCCHH! YUCK!

25. […] To my favorite Ohioan reader – you know who you are – I bring you Taco Bell’s latest gift to the world of nutrition: The Doritos Locos Taco! […]

26. tbloverrr says:

It DOES leave the orange fingerprints, hence the cardboard covers. If you can’t find it at your local taco bell, it is because its a part of a test and your store isn’t included in the test. They also currently have cheesy double deckers (double Decker add nacho cheese) for .89, which is about 50 cents less than a regular DDtsco. Blows my.mind. add the Doritos shell to. That and subtract the bean, makes it .99 and AMAZING.

27. tbloverrr says:

Sorry, stupid phone puts periods wherever and has horrible t9 ha

28. […] It is unclear if or when this product will be nationally available, but if you’re in the Toledo, Ohio area, you may just be in luck, as it’s one of the test markets for the bright orange nacho cheese […]

29. […] It is unclear if or when this product will be nationally available, but if you’re in the Toledo, Ohio area, you may just be in luck, as it’s one of the test markets for the bright orange nacho cheese […]

30. […] Doritos Locos tacos from Taco Bell [grubgrade] andTaco Bell tests bombard done of Doritos [sfgate] […]

31. Wowzers says:

This picture is taken from Toledo, Ohio. This Taco Bell is right around from my house. I tried one of these tacos and they are good. The shell tastes just like a Doritos chip so if you like Doritos then you will like this.

32. linds says:

There are more unhealthy things for you in this world to just sit here and rag on fast food..here’s an idea..don’t eat it.. Ur fault if ya do..doritos taco is amazing..love it!

33. Julia says:

THESE TACOS ARE GREAT.. Taco bell will be coming out with cool ranch in Ohio Soon. Yummy. Favorite thing at taco bell.

34. Brianna says:

My manager says it is just a matter of time before Oklahoma gets the Doritos tacos, and that they will have Cool Ranch :D

35. […] last year, GrubGrade.com reported that certain Taco Bell locations around the U.S. had started testing a new, […]

36. […] (based on traffic):First Impressions: New Fruit and Maple Oatmeal from McDonald’s by Ryan Doritos Locos Tacos from Taco Bell  by Ryan Review: New Artisan Pizzas from Domino’s  by Ryan Review: Dave’s Hot […]

37. TJ says:

They’re pretty good, at least as a novelty I’d recommend trying one, especially if you like doritos. It’s not hard to imagine how they taste, no surprises there. I’m sure they’ll have their share of fans and haters, just like everything.

38. […] taco with the Doritos shell will be released to the masses on March 8th. Doritos Locos Tacos began testing last year and now we can all rejoice in its cheesy glory.Tags: Doritos Locos Taco, Doritos Locos Tacos, Taco […]

39. Tina says:

I look forward to trying one! PS – I wish Taco Bell would bring back the BellBeefers! I loved those things…

40. […] in April 2011, I received an email from a reader (Jesse) with some pictures of a Taco Bell item in test market Toledo, Ohio.  A taco with the shell made of Nacho Cheese Doritos?  Is this for real?  I posted the pics and […]