National Cereal Day: How Are You Celebrating?

I don’t know about you, but I can’t get enough of cereal. Sure, it’s great at breakfast, but why stop there? Dry cereal is the perfect snack food during the day, and very few things beat a bowl of Cocoa Pebbles mixed in cool whip for dessert. Heck, yesterday alone I had three different kinds of cereal, with a solid bowl of Golden Grahams for dinner. And today, in honer of National Cereal Day, I’m feeling an overwhelming desire of heading out to the store and to grab me some Froot Loops, Peanut Butter Crunch, and Cap’n Crunch Berries for a unique taste on a classic PB+J.

What cereal will you be enjoying today? Maybe something from my Top 10 list (which, by the way, I think I need to revise) or maybe some special combination of cereals the world has yet to discover? I want to hear your combos, and get your take on the best way to celebrate National Cereal Day.

8 comments on “National Cereal Day: How Are You Celebrating?

1. rob says:

Count Chocula and All Bran

2. Manavee says:

The two greatest cereals in the universe in no particular order:

1. Grape Nuts
    2. Cinnamon Toast Crunch

3. Claire says:

Boo Berry… Ahhh, boo berry. Why must you only be out around Halloween?

I’m going with Fruity Pebbles. And grape nuts. The texture, comparable to gravel, is highly pleasing.

4. Chuck says:

I can’t believe I didn’t know this day happened! Of course, I did have cereal anyway. I loved the combo that you commented on at my blog as well with the Reese’s Puffs- sounds awesome.

At William and Mary they used to make “crunchy peanut butter and jelly wrap” where they filled a tortilla with peanut butter, jelly, and rice crispies and wrapped it all up. I used to make them add a banana and granola to mine with natural peanut butter!

5. wibia says:

I am with Rob, Count Chocula is my favorite. However, this week it has been Shredded Wheat. Bogus.

6. somesteve says: