Food News: New! Arby’s Angus Three Cheese Bacon Sub

We told you it would be on its way, and today it arrived at my local Arby’s. The latest in Arby’s toasted sub line: The Angus Three Cheese & Bacon.

No official word yet from Arby’s, but from the looks of the promo pic, I’m guessing this includes either provolone or Swiss cheese, as well as Arby’s cheddar sauce and some kind of cheese spread. Whatever it comes with, it’s being priced at $4.99 for just the sandwich here in Utah, and $6.99 for a combo meal. Pricey, no doubt, but will it be worth it? We’ll be sure to update you as soon as we learn more.  ‘Til then, check out our other Arby’s sub reviews… the lackluster Steakhouse Sub and Classic Italian Toasted Sub.

25 comments on “Food News: New! Arby’s Angus Three Cheese Bacon Sub

1. Justin ST says:

I’ll have to try it at lunch this week sometime.

2. Brady says:

The New Angus Beef 3 Cheese and Bacon sub ingredients are as follows: Angus beef, pepper bacon, grated cheddar cheese, swiss cheese, and parmesan peppercorn ranch sauce, on a new toasted sub roll.

3. Adam says:

Is the Angus beef any different than “normal” Arby’s beef?

4. Brady says:

Yes the Angus beef is different than the regular Arby’s roast beef. I have not had the opportunity to try it yet, but I just had a customer say it is the best sandwich they have had at Arby’s.
    Yes I work at Arby’s

• Helldog says:

The people who run Arby’s should have the people who make the food know what the food tastes like. This is normal restaurant practice. Unfortunate that Arby’s doesn’t at least have the new items tasted by the people making them.

• Brady says:

The only reason why I hadn’t tried it yet was because it was the very first day that this sandwich was offered, and I had not had my break yet. I was able to taste test the sandwich later and I must say that it was pretty amazing. It is one of the best new sandwiches that I have had at Arby’s. I think everyone should try it at least once. This one will definitely be one that I have more frequently.

5. J.B. says:

It looks good.
    I will definitely try it this week.

6. Colin says:

That looks amaaaaaaaazing! Nom nom nom, indeed.

7. skippymom says:

When are they going to start naming these things appropriately – this one is “3 clogged arteries on a bun” Ouch.

I gained weight just looking at the picture.

• Dan says:

The angus beef is actually better for you than our roast beef, less sodium, less calories, less fat, the ranch is the lowest calorie sauce besides our vinaigrette that we have, try the sandwich and enjoy cause its great

• Crusader says:

Hear hear! 99% of fast food is guaranteed to cause instant heart attacks when consumed as directed!

8. David says:

Lol I work at Arby’s also an have tasted the new sub(after making it) and I honsetly find it to be very good. The peppercorn angus is just right and made to surprise the taste buds. It doesn’t taste bland but it keeps the different ingredients nicely. Try it with the 2 for 4 coupons, ull like it.

9. J.B. says:

Horribly mediocre sandwich.
    I was very disappointed.
    It is not worth the price.

10. Forcemaster2000 says:

I just had the Angus 3 cheese and bacon sandwich yesterday, and it was really quite good. I couldn’t say what kinds of cheeses were in the sandwich, but it was delicious, and more moist than what I expect from an Arby’s sandwich. It’s a definite “must-try” sandwich, and I’ll no doubt be ordering it again myself!

11. Justin ST says:

It’s ok, definitely not worth $5 though!

You can’t use the 2 for 4 coupons with it, not in my location.

12. Chefprotoss or dan says:

Ranch is lower calorie than ketchup or arbys sauch? I don’t buy that for a second. You also left out the fact that is has a ton of cheese and bacon.

Don’t get me wrong, greasy fatty food is great, but you shouldn’t tell people its healthy though. This sandwhich clearly looks like and is a guilty pleasure that you make up for on the treadmill.

Mmmmmm… Guilt… =P

13. Nathan says:

I work as a backline closer at a Arbys in NC, and I tried it today and I have to say, its a pretty tasty sandwich. The price, to a consumer, is very steep, second only to the turkey bacon and ranch and other market fresh sandwiches. I was talking to my manager and he said at the big annual meeting the other week that Arbys “might” switch everything over to Angus in the long run. How long? No clue. Will they? Eh, with regular roast costing an average of $2/lb and that angus costing a 3.30$-3.50$/lb? Who knows…

14. RS says:

It may look good, but is it served on the glorified hot dog bun like their French Dip is now? They changed the bun for that one now and it’s barely snack-sized for a normal person (especially since some of us aren’t big on eating fries or other sides).

15. Sean Molin says:

We were a test market for this sandwich. I had my first about 3 months ago or so… and I’ve had 3 since.

1. I think it’s very tasty.
    2. I think it’s too small and too expensive for the size. A medium combo is over $8 after tax.

Luckily I got two of the four I’ve had with really good coupons… but they don’t have them offered anymore.

16. maxchain says:

Nope, uh-uh. Nothing short of a glowing review accompanied by a photograph of the reviewer’s enthusiastic thumbs-up alongside the thing will get me to drop five bucks on a sandwich at Arby’s or any fast food place.

17. MattHube says:

This is the best sandwich Arby’s has ever came out with!! I want another one already!!!

18. DudeFoods says:

The test market people must have been lucky because now that these have launched nationwide they’re pretty bad and look nothing at all like the picture. I’ve got a full review up at http://dudefoods.com/the-arbys-angus-three-cheese-bacon-sub/ if anyone wants to see what they look like in real life and not just on an Arby’s menu.

19. John says:

I tried this a couple of weeks ago. The first thing that came to mind was, “I want the one in the picture.”

What I got looked nothing like the picture and was a complete rip-off for the price.

Yes, the tiny thing did taste good, but not worth the money.