Where’s The Beef? The Taco Bell Controversy Update 3

19 comments on “Where’s The Beef? The Taco Bell Controversy Update 3

1. maxchain says:

Shoot, I was looking forward to hearing the big cheese of Taco Bell say “anti-dusting agent.” I guess I haven’t been keeping up on what’s been verified yet.

2. Justin ST says:

Yeah, whatever. He’s probably ordering the factories to change the formula from 36% to 88% now. Nice try.

• Robert says:

If anyone actually thinks this stuff is only 36% meat, they’ve clearly never cooked a day in their life. Which explains why they would just come to a fast food blog and complain about everything. Hmm, it’s all starting to make sense now!

The only question is what qualifies as “beef.” If anything on a cow is fair game, that’s grounds for concern.

3. Manavee says:

Is that Milton from Office Space?

Those plaintiffs ought to be careful. I think he is going to burn their building down.

4. J.B. says:

Uh huh….

5. Nick T says:

I am getting tired of the mudslinging from both sides. Why won’t an objective food quality analyst just step in and settle this?

6. rob says:

I don’t want to live in a universe where the quality of Taco Bell beef is suspect.

7. Marr3wk says:

If I were them, I wouldn’t brag with the ingredients lists on their website. :D Pretty much everything contains some chemical additive, preservant, etc.

8. Lanis says:

I’m actually really pleased to see Taco Bell fighting back. It’s very unusual to see a corporate giant turn around and lash back in such a focused way, I love it. The point is, these people who are trying to sue them are just trying to raise a shit-storm, their case has no facts and just as much validity. The content and quality of ground beef is regulated for MEAT PACKING COMPANIES, but there is no such regulation for restaurants. Not only does the “36% ground beef” claim seem to be a falsehood, even if was true, it doesn’t matter! Taco Bell can serve whatever the hell they want so long as they adhere to actual regulations about health & nutrition that EXIST. This is just another “Oh my god, look! Did you know?” story that tries to make everyone surprised by stupid shit that everybody knows anyway. Nobody’s world foundation has been shaken by just the notion that TB isn’t serving up ground chuck approved by god. Nobody buys this shit because of their inherent belief that fast food is of the highest quality or that it’s good for you. If anyone is that ignorant, they’re too far gone. We can’t save them.

Godspeed, Taco Bell.

• Chefprotoss or dan says:

Do you just love taco bell or are you “in” love with taco bell? You sound like someone punched your girlfriend in the face, and your girlfriend also happens to be a burrito supreme. =P

• J.B. says:

You clearly work for Taco Bell or Yum Brands in some capacity otherwise you are really a loser for being so adamant about this company.
      If don’t get excited about anything unless it puts money in my pocket and Taco Bell does not.
      If Taco Bell, McDonalds, Burger King, whatever went under tomorrow, it would not affect me in the least.

9. Lanis says:

Also, I don’t see Milton from Office Space, I see Tom Dickerson from Will It Blend?

10. Kristopher says:

I know we’re all thinking it, so I’ll just say it:
    Koala meat?

11. Chefprotoss or dan says:

Ummmm, I have been working in the food industry for the last 14 years. 10 years of that has been fine dinning. I have written menus from every kind of cuisine from classical french to spanish tapas. Anyone who knows anything about food science knows very well that taco bell’s beef could likely be only 35% actuall beef. People come to sites like this because talking about food is fun. You sir are either working for taco bell or an ass. Probably both.

Good day.

12. Chefprotoss or dan says:

This was supposed to be a response to that dude robert’s comment.

13. Lanis says:

What?! Your opinion differs from my own! You must work for them. Yes, that’s the only possible explanation.

14. somesteve says:

I support Taco Bell. people need to chill out. if you want real tacos, go to an authentic Mexican place. if you want better meat- go to a better higher class restaurant. you get what you pay for. I happen to enjoy it.