Like Checkers for Free Fries

OK, so there’s a catch – you’ve got to buy something from the menu at regular price. But if you “Like” Checkers/Rally’s on Facebook, you can cash in on a coupon for a free large fry. I haven’t had them yet, but I’ve heard nothing but good things so I’ll be sure to stop in sometime over the next few weeks to check them out. I know somebody out there has had to have had them. How do Checkers fries stack up?

By the way, make sure to check out their new website redesign and sign up to join the “Flavorhood.”

13 comments on “Like Checkers for Free Fries

1. Hil says:

Checkers fries are amazing! I live here in GA and they
    absolutely have to be some of the best fries around. They have a
    nice peppery bite to them. They are best when right out of the
    fryer (most fries are) otherwise they can get a little soggy. I’ve
    even gone to one fast food place to get something else only to stop
    by to Checkers to get the fries for my meal! Out of everything on
    their menu-the fries are my fave! Also, here in GA you can find
    them in your freezer section! They still taste the same great way
    they would had you gone through the drive thru! I’m curious to
    learn of your thoughts on them once you try them!

• Adam Bomb says:

Hil, you say that the frozen Checkers fries are the same as the ones from the drive-thru. Do you mean that literally? Because I’d imagine the freezer ones would be a lot more dry. Are they really that good? If so, I’ve been eyeballing them at the grocery story and I might just snap them up today.

• Mike N says:

I’ve been eyeing those too, Adam! I’ve held off because it’s a big-ass bag, so if they suck, I don’t want to be stuck with 2 pounds of fries. I’d imagine if you deep fried them at home they’d be pretty good, even though that’s a pain. I never have much luck oven-baking fries, unless they’re potato wedges. Let us know if you try the frozen Checkers fries!

2. Hil says:

Checkers fries have to be the best around! I live in
    Atlanta and they stack up to some of the best. They have this
    wonderful peppery bite and you can see the specs of pepper in them!
    They are best when fresh out of the fyer (most fries are) otherwise
    they can get a little soggy. I’ve even gone and picked up a burger
    from one place only to stop by and pick Checkers fries for my meal!
    Here in GA you can even find them in your local grocer’s freezer.
    They tast just the same as if you stopped by your local drive thru.
    I’m curious to see what you think about them!

3. Mike N says:

I do love Rally’s fries! It’s not fair to compare them to
    standard fries, though, since they’re the seasoned “curly fry”
    type, just without the curl. :) BTW, you get a coupon for a free
    shake for signing up for the ‘flavorhood’!

4. Shannon says:

Thanks! I would also love to hear your opinion on these
    fries.

5. Dan L. says:

Best fries available out there at the fast food joints. The seasoning and batter make them crisp and very tasty.

6. James says:

As Hil says, they aren’t standard “seasoned” fries, they have a nice peppery flavor to them that’s delightful. Too bad there aren’t any Rallys/Checkers in Texas.

7. rob says:

Checker’s fries are very different, like they coated them with something, then fried them, then fried them again.

They taste substantial, like you could live off of them if you had to.

In a universe where Zombies have taken over the world you would prefer Checker’s fries over McDonald’s, because the Checker’s fries fill you up, and you are going to need that energy.

• Adam says:

I nominate this comment for the Hall of Fame!

• Scott says:

I second Adam’s nomination; fits in with “double tap” and “cardio”.

rob’s comment=win

“…like they coated them with something, then fried them, then fried them again.” I’m sure that’s EXACTLY what they do! LOL!

They are delicious, and would make a great Zombie Survival Kit item.

8. mattitude says:

I don’t have a Checkers or Rally’s where I live,but a few
    good friends have told me thier fries are nothing special,guess i
    will take your word for it