GG Video: Taco Bell Commercial featuring Johnny Cash

Remember When Johnny Cash Sold Out to Taco Bell in the early 90′s?  Me neither.

8 comments on “GG Video: Taco Bell Commercial featuring Johnny Cash

1. somesteve says:

As a Taco Bell and Johnny Cash fan, I don’t mind this commercial but I dislike when artists I enjoy sell out like this. It cheapens their art. This doesn’t mean KISS, because KISS sell out all the time and honestly, what don’t they sell? When rappers I like do soft drink commercials ( Dre, Snoop, etc.) it’s the same. I’ll like them but upsets me inside. Hard to be a gangster or a serious musician when your shilling corporate product. It is what it is.

2. Shawn says:

Cheapens their art? Im pretty sure Johnny Cash needed to make a little cash and made out pretty well for this commercial. It doesnt change his music or anything else. Love of art doesnt pay the bills.

3. chris says:

I have literally eaten almost nothing but T-Bell for at least a week, and now I’m fuckin’ hungry again. Thanks, GG.

4. yamilyn says:

it’s always sad when musicians and the like sell out. if they actually liked the product they advertise i see no problem with it but advertising just for the money is pointless. otherwise i only can mention that the style of singing seems a bit slow for what one usually thinks of as tacobell.

5. DerangedHermit says:

They need to bring back green onions.

6. crawford86575 says:

I was 6 in 1992, and I remember always getting a tostada, and a chili cheese burrito, sometimes it was called a Chilito and then TB took them off the menu around the year 2000.

7. Mike N says:

I totally remeber his ads while watching 21 Jump Street and Booker on the newly created Fox network!

8. Justin says:

Never forget the green onions.