Spotted: The D.T. Double from Wendy’s

The Wendy’s D.T. Double. Spotted in south New England… along with other test markets in Austin, TX and Providence, RI.  GrubGrade reader (4×4 Animal Style) passed along the info of this test market Wendy’s Big Mac-esque clone.  Complete with “signature sauce”.  Readers impressions:

A steal at $2.49 for the burger alone

This is a FULL-sized sandwich, with two meat patties, not a Jr. Burger.

The sauce has no taste (there may not have been enough), but the burger was very fresh and hot, as were the buns- my market replaced corn dusted buns with hot toasted buns (yum, they’re like a fancy restaurant in taste and quality).

15 comments on “Spotted: The D.T. Double from Wendy’s

1. TheWarden says:

Maybe my brain isn’t working today, but does D.T. in D.T. Double stand for something? I see no answer via internet search.

2. jperonto says:

What’s the nutritional information on this?

3. Mattitude says:

Oh yessssss,I will be in Austin as of today,and I plan on picking up this bad boy and getting back to everyone on how it is!

4. Zachary Jacob Zblewski says:

If only Dave Thomas was alive to taste his namesake sandwich.

They one-upped the Big Mac/Big Chef/Big Shef/Big Boy/Big Twin/Big Hardee/Big Carl/Big King/Bonus Jack by adding a slice of tomato. And they two-upped some of those by adding the 2nd slice of cheese.

aka other than the bun, its very similar to A&W’s DELICIOUS Papa Burger.

5. rob says:

Looks like something I would sell my soul to eat. So at $2.49 it is indeed quite the bargain.

6. Nick says:

Where in “south New England” has this been spotted? I live in that area and I’d love to try it.

• 4X4, Animal Style says:

Anywhere in Rhode Island, not just Providence. Get it, it’s our answer to Animal Style, minus the long flight.

BTW, I’m creating a review for the burger (with pictures) for Adam and Ryan that should be up around a week from today. (I had a full review made late last night and my e-mail deletes the full thing! Yeah, I’m ticked.)

It’s actually $2.79 for the burger, but by far still the best bargain on the East Coast, if you ask me. BTW, the sauce does have taste, but there’s not enough of it (which is why it has “no taste”, that’s in context with the burger as a whole).

7. Raiders757 says:

I saw an add on TV for this about an hour ago. It seems to be a vehicle to promote their new burger patty, as she made a point to quickly mention how they’re a little thicker now at the end of it. I’ve mentioned them before while commenting on this site. The new thicker patties have really improved their product in my opinion. Still tastes the same, obviously, but the beef to condiments and bun ratio is much better than it has been over the past few years.

8. J.B. says:

This actually seems like a good deal.
    I can’t wait to try it.

9. Neha says:

I happened to pick one up today at the UT Austin campus. I didn’t realize they were “testing” it in Austin. Anyway, I had pretty intense issues with the meat sliding away from the bun/lettuce, which may not sound like a big deal but I’m just saying it was hard to eat. It just tasted like any other cheeseburger from Wendy’s to me. It is quite large though.

10. R.J. says:

Thicker burgers? I must have gotten the second generation here in Florida. Looked like 2 of the dollar menu patties, two tiny rings of onion, two pickles, a thin second from the end slice of tomato, and a pretty good sauce. Won’t be getting this one again.

11. MobileDiane says:

Patties so small they were almost non-existent. Tasted okay otherwise, but nothing special!