GG Video: Wendy’s Commercial from 1978

10 comments on “GG Video: Wendy’s Commercial from 1978

1. Spanky says:

Wendys have some great burgers, but it depends on the restaurant.
    The one in my small Indiana town never ceases to disappoint. I check back every six months and so far they suck. If the founder were alive I bet he would shut it down.

2. Scott says:

I remember my first Wendy’s visit as a child. I had what amounted to a good experience (fast food restaurants are always amazing from a child’s perspective when your parents didn’t go to them very often), but noticed that the “juices” congealed (hardened) into a decent sized pool in the foil wrapper. I had never noticed this with other burgers, probably because they weren’t as “juicy”, and didn’t “leak” (you might have needed a napkin for the extra ketchup or mayo that you had to put on them to increase their edibility, but not from the juices). I probably should not have pointed this phenomenon out to my mother, as we didn’t go back very often. The Frosty was delicious and novel, and the fries were good too (albeit, almost always hotter (fresher) than what I was used to, and usually had to wait for them to cool off). An all around good fast food experience (and has been ever since). Too bad they’ve never really competed well against McDonalds and BK. I’d choose Wendys over BK (or even Micky D’s) any day of the week.

3. wordisbond says:

who wears baseball gloves while eatin wendys?

4. Raiders757 says:

I recently went to Wendy’s and noticed that they have made their burgers a little thicker. There was even a sign that promoted a fresher, thicker burger, so I got a double, and must say, they improved on what was already one of the better fast food burgers.

5. Deanna says:

I have vivid memories of that commercial. Notice the “newsprint” table tops that you can see in the dining room. That was one of my favorite things about Wendy’s when I was a kid. You could read your table while you ate!

6. Jessica Leigh says:

I love this commercial! It was still playing into the 80s, because I remember it! Those newsprint tables were the best!

7. Shannon says:

If I had seen this when it originally aired, I would’ve paid them a visit. What you see is pretty much what you get with Wendy’s which is good, but I have noticed that some of their restaurants season their burgers while others do not.

8. Jessica Leigh says:

I love this! I miss that old Wendy’s with those cool tables!