Food News: Wendy’s $4.99 Mix and Match Salad Deal

The Wendy’s Mix and Match Salad Deal is here.  28 combinations for $4.99.  You pair up any half-size premium salad with one of seven options.

Your options are:

• Dasani Water
  • Small Frosty
  • Small Beverage
  • Baked Potato
  • Small Chili
  • Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger
  • Chicken Go-Wrap

13 comments on “Food News: Wendy’s $4.99 Mix and Match Salad Deal

1. Bobby says:

Stupid deal. If I want a salad and a burger then I don’t get a drink.

2. Brittany says:

I think its an ok deal. I agree that there should be a drink. Just make it a salad combo. I must admit I will be going to my local Wendys and getting a BLT Cobb, with a baked potatoe with bacon, cheese, butter, sour cream, chives, and more bacon, lol.

3. Raiders757 says:

I think I’ll just stick with getting a Spicy Chicken Sandwich combo and substitute the fries with a side salad.

4. Nick T says:

I take some issue with this being described by Wendy’s as a deal; everything is being priced a la carte. The half-salads are $3.99 by themselves and combo add-ons are all dollar menu stuff.

In my market the whole salad retails for $5.99. So people are paying 66% for 1/2 the product when they purchase a half-salad as part of this combo. Here’s my solution: Charge the half-rate on these salads ($2.99) and pair them with one of the side items listed above and a small drink for $4.99. It would give the consumer more of an incentive to buy this.

5. Jessica Leigh says:

I also agree that a drink should be included with this, instead of it being a choice! The large size salads are just too big for me, so this is perfect, because I like to order something along with my salad anyway!

6. Moku says:

At Wendy’s the prices only go up and you get less and less for your money. I don’t even consider them as a fast food option anymore.

7. jay says:

There isn’t a such thing as a dollar menu in NJ. everything is about $1.50

8. Mikey says:

They are pretty expensive regardless. A half salad and a drink for $5 is supposed to be a deal? A half salad and a bottle of water? Come on. A half salad and a baked potato, which will leave you dying of thirst. And just CALLING it a half-sized salad makes it sound like a rip-off from the jump.

9. Mike Morrison says:

For crying out loud Is Wendy’s marketing counting on customers not knowing 3rd grade arithmetic???????!!!!!

The full size salad (In Michigan) is $6.30, the side is $1.00

So HALF the size, half the portion salad plus side should be no more then 3.15+1.00=$4 .15 for it to be the normal price.

So how is $4.99 a “Deal?” it’s .83 cent price INCREASE over a salad that is already overpriced. HELLO!!

I seriously HOPE consumers are not so naive to fall for this scam. Shame on you Wendy’s. And I’m sorry, but anyone saying this is a deal needs to go back to 3rd grade.

10. Mary says:

A small drink should be included

11. Sarah says:

I agree that this is not a deal. I ordered it and realized it is technically cheaper to buy the items seperately. The half-size salad is $3.99 and the other items are on the $0.99 menu. Therefore I can get the combo for $4.99 or buy them seperately for $4.98. Definitely no deal here. A penny isn’t much but if you order it enough, it can add up.

12. Kathy says:

I got a half salad and drink because the whole salad is too much, but next time I probably won’t. I felt like I had been ripped off. There should be a choice of a 1/2 salad and a side, with a drink for $4.99.