Food News: Roy Rogers New Spicy Chicken Sandwich

Coming September 15, and it shall be mine.  A long overdue Spicy Chicken Sandwich to Roy Rogers.  In it’s test phase, the sandwich consisted of “all white breast meat with a fiery seasoning and Monterey Jack Cheese.”  In the finalized version will there be bacon? Could this be a kicked up version of the Gold Rush?  I’m sure I’ll be investigating next Wednesday.

8 comments on “Food News: Roy Rogers New Spicy Chicken Sandwich

1. Jessica Leigh says:

Oh how I wish there was a Roy Rogers near me here in North Carolina!

2. Augusto says:

Hey, so I’ve noticed that you live near the Rockville area, I do too and was wondering where the nearest Roy rogers is. Do you go to the one in Gaithersburg?

I love your site!

• Ryan says:

I’ve been to the G’burg one. I live in Frederick and we have about 5 or 6 Roy’s within a 5mile radius.

Thanks Augusto, email me and I’ll send you some free Roy’s grub. grubgrade at gmail dot com.

• Adam Bomb says:

5 or 6 in a 5 mile radius? Color me jealous! One of those should relocate to west central Indiana so I have another roast beef option. And I want to try that gold rush chicken sandwich :)

3. skippymom says:

::Reminder to myself – move to Frederick MD:: heehee – we have the one in Leesburg. Good enough for me or the one over by Mt. Vernon in Alexandria, VA near my folks’ home. But 5 or 6? I would be dead.

I love the add for this. Too funny. I hope that have an interesting sauce on it and not just mayo. yuck. Let us know!

4. Raiders757 says:

Two articles in a row mentioning Roy Rogers. I am very jealous. I miss the one we had here for such a brief time many, many moons ago.

Hey Ryan, I love your site to!! :-)

5. Rachel says:

The nearest Roy Rogers to me is at a rest stop on the PA turnpike so I won’t get to try this any time soon. Kudos to their marketing people, they’ve got me wondering what that little chicky is going to look like when it hatches.

6. AK says:

I live about 5 miles away from the only Roy Rogers on Long Island – hopefully they’ll have this, but I’m not holding my breath.