Food News: Deep-Fried Beer?

Thanks to Sam from EatingEverywhere.com, I now know about Deep-Fried Beer.  I’m not sure what to think of it, but I guess just about anything can get a deep-fried makeover.  Where can you find this culinary oddity?  The State Fair of Texas… running from Sept.24 – Oct. 17.  There’s an annual contest held to scope out the most creative food creations and Deep-Fried Beer was a top pick this time around.  So what exactly is Deep-Fried Beer like?  Think of oversized Fruit Gushers/ravioli filled with Guinness.  Past “Most Creative” winners include Fried Coke (2006) and Deep-Fried Butter (2009).

Any predictions for next years deep-fried contestant?  Deep-Fried Toothpaste?  Deep-Fried Chewing Gum?

via The Consumerist, State Fair of Texas

12 comments on “Food News: Deep-Fried Beer?

1. skippymom says:

Is there any doubt why America is the most obese country in the world? Redonkulous.

Someone could deep fry a tissue and people would eat it.

2. Noodlez says:

Looks like a mess and I like my beer cold. However I am interesting in the fried fritto chilli pie the texas fair as. I wish our Tulsa state fair wasn’t the same time as I doubt we will have anything as spiffy.

3. Jessica Leigh says:

This is just way too much. Deep fried beer is not a good idea.

4. Fat Man says:

Deep-fried butter is the bomb! way better tasting than expected. I did have to eat half a bag of kettle korn to settle my stomache about 20 minutes later, though.

5. Tracy says:

Why beer? If they were going for the “coolness” of alcohol to get press why not wine or some type of mixed drink. Warm beer in plain dough sounds horrible, not ever worth a taste out of curiosity.

6. Sethonious says:

Nothing says refreshment on a hot Texas day like boiling hot beer in a greasy dough pocket.

-Or-

I like my snacks like I like my women… smoking hot, alcoholic and dripping in oil.

7. Reviewscout says:

I am not likely to ever drink beer in the future, but tell me why searing hot beer is a good idea if every advertisement pushes out “COLD COLD COLD TAAAASTE” daily?

8. Francois says:

The same guy who patented this “beer ravioli” thing is the same guy who patented dogs pooping on sidewalks.

9. Jaz says:

“ewww this is horrible i haven’t tried it out yet but ewwwww”

“Wow, I was surprised by how good this tasted!”

WHO WOULD YOU TRUST AMERICA

10. john says:

Can anyone explain how this is fried beer???! – It’s a ravioli filled with beer instead of cheese or meat!! Come on people!!! Give me a break. I just invented Fried Spring Water…and it’s my patent…don’t pay attention to the ravioli that is encapsulating my spring water…it’s FRIED SPRING WATER!!! Oh how we are so so gullible…

• Shannon says:

Saying that it is fried beer is a good selling point, because most people are shocked and wonder how a liquid can be fried. So, in that way it instantly grabs attention. It is more sensational that calling it fried ravioli filled with beer. That’s what I think. It sounds pretty terrible to me, because I don’t like the taste of beer.