How Do You Like Your Peanut Butter Sandwich?

Apparently August is National Sandwich Month… Let’s talk peanut butter!  How do you like your peanut butter sandwich? I’m not just talking to the 2nd graders out there, I’m talking to those yet to grow out of the joy of a simple PB sandwich.  Well some PB sandwiches aren’t so simple… I’m not a traditional creamy peanut butter and grape jelly on crust-less white bread type of person.

I like crunchy peanut butter, fresh cut apples and honey on a heartier multi-grain sliced bread. I recently did a guest post for I Ate A Pie showing off my creation.  So what’s in your combo?  Bananas? Marshmallow fluff?  Jelly?

25 comments on “How Do You Like Your Peanut Butter Sandwich?

1. Natalie says:

Creamy peanut butter with honey on wheat is my favorite..I may have to try your’s.

2. RTGoodman says:

My favorite is a standard PB&J, but a triple-decker. Piece of write bread, creamy peanut butter, bread, grape jelly, and then bread to top it off.

I’m also a fan of peanut butter and honey on toasted whole grain bread. Especially with crunchy peanut butter.

3. Jessica Leigh says:

This is a good one, and I’ve eaten this quite a few times! I have a couple of pbjs I eat:
    Peanut Butter, sliced bananas, mayo – Seriously, try it! Most people hate it, but it is soooooo good!
    I also love to eat honey and peanut butter sandwiches.
    If I eat a peanut butter and jelly, I prefer either strawberry, black cherry, blackberry, or anything but orange marmalade & grape.

4. j says:

peanut butter, strawberry jam, and horseradish. Yummy.

5. J.B. says:

Crunchy peanut butter with strawberry or concord grape jelly.
    That’s it, you don’t need to do anything else.

6. LW says:

I don’t even eat PB&Js anymore, but have completely converted to PB&banana. Just so good. Oh I do like Peanut Butter & Co’s Dark Chocolate Dream peanut butter. That stuff is to DIE FOR.

7. Aimee says:

I use spreadable fruit & smooth peanut butter all the way.

8. GrubGradeFan says:

PotatoBread, Smooth PB, Strawberry Jelly, and Cream Cheese.

Some crunchy cheetos can be a good condiment also.

9. Mark says:

Skippy creamy peanut butter on honey wheat bread with gala apples is my favorite

10. ChrisLad says:

PB and Banana. With toasted bread. The best. I think I read “mayo” in a comment above. Repulsive.

11. David says:

Ultimate Peanut Butter Sandwich

– Toasted Brioche-
    Chunky Peanut Butter
    Local Honey
    Level Slices of Banana
    Wafer Thin Sliced Golden Delicious
    Level Slices of Banana
    Local Honey
    Chunky Peanut Butter
    -Toasted Brioche-

12. skippymom says:

My best friend in high school loved peanut butter and pickles – swore it was good – but I could never work up the nerve [or tastebuds] to attempt it.

My favorite is crunchy peanut butter, strawberry jam, on white bread with a coooold glass of milk and fresh UTZ potato chips. I had totally forgotten about the honey. Going to have to do that this week.

Skippy came out with a new peanut butter that is all natural and lower in calories and sodium – and it is so good. Jif has one, but I don’t like the taste.

13. loulee says:

Crunchy peanut butter with flaxseed from Trader Joe’s and bacon. Yum!

14. chuck in chicago says:

A good wheat or multigrain bread, crunchy peanut butter (Skippy super chunky preferred), and strawberry jam with a glass of cold milk. Nothing more, nothing less.

15. reanna says:

I love peanutbutter with marshmallow cream. I adopted this sandwich from a neighbor of mine when I was a kid. Incidentially, I have a friend who likes her PB sandwiches with lettuce – I don’t know what’s wrong with her.

• lisa says:

There is nothing wrong with her. I don’t like marshmallow cream on my peanut butter sandwich and there is nothing wrong with me! LOL

16. Charles says:

fluffernutter, or pb and nutella. I enjoy PB and apples, but have never considered a sandwich containing them. I’m not a big sandwich guy and am trying to lost 5-10 pounds so I don’t eat them often.

17. George says:

Crunchy PB and grape jelly on HealthNut bread has been my favorite forever…but PB and Banana with honey is great too. Luckily I live about 2 minutes from a place called Melt Bar and Grilled (they have been on the Food Network and ManVsFood). they have a fresh made PB and Banana with sweetened cream cheese that is toasted and served with fresh berry preserves….put bacon on that thing and it is amazing.

18. Adam Bomb says:

I’ve gotta throw this in since it’s semi-related:

Grilled cheese with peanut butter. Most people turn their noses up when I mention this sandwich, but it’s really delicious. Just try making a standard american cheese/butter/white bread grilled cheese sandwich, but slather a bit of peanut butter in the sandwich before cooking. I love them!

19. Rachel says:

Wheat bread, crunchy peanut butter and honey. Ice cold skim milk to drink (mom got us drinking skim when we were little, and now anything else tastes way too thick). Perfect late night comfort food.

20. lisa says:

peanut butter,mayonaise and pickles. Yes..you read that right and dont knock it until you try it. I know everybody is saying, “that is disgusting.” Do you think I care? Nope. :)

21. Sara says:

hands down, peanut butter and COOL WHIP!!!

22. Chalmers Crowell says:

My favorite? A double-decker, crunchy peanut butter, grape jelly, banana, Total cereal on whole wheat or multigrain bread.
    You can use honey instead of grape jelly if you want. The crunchy Total adds a nice texture to the sandwich and tastes great! Oh, I still have the occasional infamous PBB&J with mayo. The mayo adds just o hint of vinegar to the sandwich. Also try these or just a regular peanut butter sandwich with a cup of hot coffee. The coffee really bring out the nutty taste of the peanut butter.. a great mid morning or late evening snack.