GG Poll: The Great Fried Chicken Debate

Recently, Popeyes Spicy and Mild Bonafide® bone-in fried chicken was the favorite in a national taste test against KFC® Original Recipe® fried chicken.

Who would you put at the top? Time for a poll:

19 comments on “GG Poll: The Great Fried Chicken Debate

1. Jessica Leigh says:

For Bone-in chicken, I’ve never had Popeye’s, but I prefer Bojangles to KFC! If we are just talking about fried chicken breasts, I LOVE Zaxby’s the most!

2. Jason says:

Bojangles, or Publix, are superior to either…..IMHO!

3. Jim Harbaugh Scramble says:

For bone-in or chicken tenders:

1. Popeyes
    2. Churchs
    3. KFC
    4. Bojangles

4. IBeAnonymous says:

I’ve never had either, because I always but boneless when I go to either of those places! But if I had to pick a favorite boneless one, Popeyes would come out on top!

5. skippymom says:

MY fried chicken is the best. heehee

6. Halevy says:

Bojangles for the win!

7. Pasquinel says:

I don’t do bone-in chicken so for me it’s:
    1. KFC Popcorn Chicken
    2. Popeye’s Louisiana Tenders
    3. KFC Extra Crispy Strips

8. rob says:

If KFC really fried chicken? Don’t they cook it in a pressure cooker?

• Raiders757 says:

Close, but it’s a pressure fryer that they use. If you cooked chicken in a pressure cooker, it would come out like it had been in a crock pot all day. You can’t use a normal pressure cooker as a fryer, because it will melt away the gaskets and such.

9. nuttyturnip says:

Popeyes is definitely better than KFC, but Bojangles will always have my heart.

10. Raiders757 says:

KFC is part of that long list of corporate chains that were once great, but have gone way down hill over the past twenty years or so. Popeye’s and Bojangles blow them completely off the map these days. Church’s is better as well, but the only locations we have in my area, are deep in the ghettos.

I assume we’re talking chains here, because we have mom & pop joints that crank out some great chicken in my area. Chicken Popeye’s, and the likes of, just can’t touch.

11. Deanna says:

I’m voting for Church’s; and their biscuits with the honey butter on the top are just the BEST!

12. Tony jaguar says:

Why is the mobile sight so ugly these days?

• Ryan says:

Is it? I thought it was a lot better than the old version. Honestly, I barely pay attention to it, but I’ll see if I can customize it or something.

13. David says:

I am gonna get so much flak for this but…. I have never had EITHER KFC or Popeyes. Am I a horrible person?

14. Natalie says:

Talking only traditional, bone in fried chicken (ie not nuggets) Church’s is the best, hands down. The trip to the sketchy neighborhood is well worth it. They don’t have Church’s in Anchorage so I go to Popeye’s here..it’s decent quality normally. I will never get the fried chicken from KFC…it just makes my southern heart sad. I like KFC for their potato wedges and honey BBQ wings, but never the chicken.

15. Tanya says:

There is no debate – Popeyes wins!! I have driven 30 minutes to get my Popeyes fix with 2 KFC a mere 10 minutes away. KFC is not bad – but Popeyes is just the tastiest – hands down (and I’ve had them all, Bojangles included). Thank goodness there has never been a Popeyes close to me or my arteries would probably be harder than day old biscuits by now.

16. Adam Bomb says:

Popeyes for me! Too bad there isn’t one in my city :(

17. ChrisLad says:

I like KFC but I hate the gross chicken hangover feeling you get afterwards.