Food News: Popeyes Buffalo Chicken Nuggets

You can call this a “Food News” post or even better… a “What I Had For Dinner” post.  I noticed a sign at my local Popeyes advertising the return of Buffalo Chicken Nuggets so of course I had to grab a box.  Popeyes doesn’t really come out with a ton of new menu items annually, but they are good at teasing.  They’ll have certain items make seasonal appearances (ahem, Crawfish Tackle Box)… they show up for a month or so and then go on hiatus.  This strategy can toy with a grubbers emotions, and Buffalo Chicken Nuggets are surely subject to this game.  $2.99 for 8 nuggets w/ a side of ranch dipping sauce. $5.79 for 16. Are Buffalo Chicken Nuggets currently at your local Popeyes?

11 comments on “Food News: Popeyes Buffalo Chicken Nuggets

1. Patrick says:

Lol they don’t really look very buffalo

2. Aimee says:

We don’t have a Popeyes.

3. Rachel says:

Looks like too much breading for my taste. +1 for the ranch dipping sauce though. Anything tastes better with ranch.

4. Jessica Leigh says:

Oh my, another reason why I really wish there was a Popeye’s nearby! I would love to try this. It looks like you get a decent amount of them for the price!

5. Raiders757 says:

Damn, that sounds good. Hopefully my local Popeye’s has these. Unlike Rachel, boo hiss to the ranch. Dipping Buffalo Wings, or any spicy chicken, in Ranch. is for wimps. If you can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen. Ranch sauce ruins everything it comes in contact with as well.

I have to ask Ryan or Adam a Popeye’s related question. I read over at another site about a new sandwich from Popeye’s called the “Simple Chicken Sandwich”. Have you guys heard of this yet? It seems like a copy of the Chick-fil-A sandwich, and from what I understand, it’s really good. We don’t have these yet, but I understand they are in Texas and the Chicago area.

• Ryan says:

I’ve heard of it and I really want to try it. I’m hoping it comes around my way sometime. I’d like to see how it compares w CFA and the McD’s version.

• this.is.NOT.SPARTA says:

maybe some people enjoy how the flavors of buffalo and ranch compliment each other, just cuz somebody enjoys different tastes doesnt mean they should leave the kitchen…geeeez, shallow much??

6. larry says:

Nuggets sound decent. We have the Simple Chicken Sandwich in this market so I probably need to go give it a shot. Will post back.

7. Raiders757 says:

I had Popeye’s for lunch this afternoon, and they don’t serve the Buffalo Nuggets. Needless to say, I was a bummed. Even worse, is that the only way you can buy a gallon of tea from them, is if it’s sweetened. I like my tea unsweetened, so I was let down twice during my visit. My lunch was good, but it wasn’t what I had hoped for.

8. sara says:

I had these the last time they rolled around, and they did not even resemble buffalo. I love Popeye’s seasoned fries, but these do not deliver the spice. Neither did their last gross chicken nugget offering (the one that was advertised as “fiery” and was supposed to come with a little Tabasco bottle). I do love their cane sweeeet tea, but I once bought a gallon and it was old and nasty tasting. Don’t know if the gallons aren’t made on site or something, but it was not the same tea.