Food News: Subway Launches Turkey Jalepeno Melt

Fresh off testing its new regional summer selections (such as the Cuban Pulled Pork Sub) Subway has added a new creation to their national line. Starting today, Subway will offer a Turkey Jalepeño Melt in stores. Here’s the description:

You ready to dabble in fire eating? This NEW sub is piled high with legendary flavor – tender turkey, bubbly melted cheese and fiery jalepeños. Keep a drink handy to quench the fire. You’ve been warned.

The new sub also features Subway’s signature Chipotle Southwest sauce and clocks in at 440 calories and 18 grams of fat (5 saturated, 1 trans) for a six inch sub, although knocking off the sauce will save you 100 calories. Southwestern flavor profiles have long been a staple of American fast food, and if you ask me this particular sandwich pairing doesn’t seem to be groundbreaking in terms of innovation.

So, what are your thoughts on the new Turkey Jalepeño Melt? Anyone try it yet?

18 comments on “Food News: Subway Launches Turkey Jalepeno Melt

1. Evan says:

I don’t get what’s new about it.

What’s their new sub going to be? The ham and tomato sub? How about the cold cut and olive.

• David says:

I completely agree Kevin at this their latest sub the Orchard Chicken had something that was not part of the regular array of meats and vegetables with celery, apples, and raisins. If I can already make the sub regularly does not mean I am gonna to want it featured as a new sub. I would of liked the Cuban sub they had in my area but it never made it out of certain markets. I love subway but this seems like a cheap way out.

2. J.B. says:

Ha, the ad for this literally just came on as soon as I clicked on the page.
    I hope this is not another fail in the list of fails for Subway this summer.

3. This is a must try for me, I think i will be as bold to add bacon. The southwest sauce at Subway is one of my fav condiments ever.

4. Justin says:

Couldn’t you make this already in the store?

Come on, at least bring over some of the Indian subs you sell in England! Peri Peri and Chicken Tikka wouldn’t be such a bad idea. McDonald’s brought over the Sweet Chili sauce from their overseas markets…get with it.

5. Jessica Leigh says:

I also don’t really see what’s so new about this. They just combined ingredients people already get. I guess the marketing idea is okay though, to suggest combinations for people who may not have though of them.
    I don’t know if it’s just me, but I feel that Subway’s jalapenos are way hotter than they used to be and I just can’t eat them anymore. Maybe it’s just me.

6. Adam says:

I agree. Subway needs to introduce something actually new, like new meat/cheese. Never gonna happen, but how cool would it be for a national chain to even attempt a Banh Mi?

• David says:

Yeah I would kill for a chain making banh mi without ruining it like the fine people at the nom nom food truck. It also helps the girls that run it are super hot.

7. Stan says:

Again, this is nothing new. I work at Subway (for one more week at least) and here’s the kicker everyone: they’re supposedly gonna be charging $6.00 (at my location at least) for a footlong.

I don’t get that… so say someone orders a turkey… but gets jalapenos/cheese/chipotle sauce on it. Turkey ($5.50)? Or… “Turkey Jalapeno Melt” ($6.00)?

So dumb…

8. Evan says:

At my subway turkey footlongs are $6 already.

9. Raiders757 says:

I can’t believe anyone bothers to ever order anything that isn’t on the $5 footlong list. Once you go past $5 plus tax, you might as well go to a mom & pop shop or Quiznos if you have those options.

10. Philip says:

I work at Subway. Most of the promo subs aren’t new, they’re just giving people ideas of how to make their sub really. I also heard that they want to sell turkey more. The reason the turkey isn’t on the $5 footlong list is because it costs more to get turkey and probably just because it’s the most popular meat and they want more money (to be honest).

11. […] Subway launches a Turkey Jalapeno Melt. […]

12. Zibby says:

While there’s nothing deplorable to market “new” products that aren’t really new, as somebody who works at Subway, I gotta say that this is pretty much a ripoff. This costs the same as a regular turkey sub ($6.00), but in the sandwich making guide they sent to us, it tells us to use 6 slices of turkey on this sub, while a regular turkey sub has 8 slices of turkey. So, essentially you are paying the same price for less meat and “extras” which are free on all the subs.

13. Snooki says:

wow…I’ve never seen so many people complain about a $6.00 sandwich…must be the economy. After seeing the commercial for this new turkey jalapeno melt, I was already figuring out when would be my earliest chance to get one (hopefully at lunch tomorrow!). I don’t eat at Subway on a regular basis, but when I see their commercials for new yummy subs, I usually try them.

14. whiskers says:

Is this promotion a joke ? Charging you more for a supposed new sub ? All they are doing is taking a turkey sub with cheese and toasting the jalapenos instead of serving them cold. What a scam

15. Hunter says:

Subway seems to do this a lot (creating subs with ingredents they already have.) I think they should bring the peppered turkey back that they had for a short time a few years ago.

16. […] watch out for January’s other promotions at Subway, including the “return” of the Turkey Jalapeno Melt.Tags: Chipotle Chicken & Cheese, subway chicken chipotle, subway footlong of the month january […]