Food News: McDonald’s Angus Snack Wraps Coming August 10th

UPDATE: Read our FULL REVIEW

Ditch the bread, grab a tortilla.  McDonald’s has toyed with a burger version of their Snack Wrap before (see our Big Mac Snack Wrap review)… and they’re doing it again.  This time around, McDonald’s is going for wraps in the form of their premium line of 1/3 pound Angus Burgers.  I think McD’s did pretty well with the Angus Third Pounders (see Angus Third Pounders review), and I’m especially impressed with their Angus Deluxe.

Deluxe Angus Wrap from McDonald's

Let’s see how the Angus line works as a wrap… Coming August 10th.

• Deluxe: Fresh ripe red tomato, fresh green leaf lettuce, fresh rings of red onions, crinkle cut pickles, American cheese, creamy mayonnaise and yellow mustard.
  • Bacon & Cheese: Fresh rings of red onions, crinkle cut pickles, a strip of bacon, American cheese, ketchup and yellow mustard.
  • Mushroom & Swiss: Sauteed mushrooms, Swiss cheese and creamy mayonnaise.

23 comments on “Food News: McDonald’s Angus Snack Wraps Coming August 10th

1. Nick t says:

We’ve had these in my market for a couple of months. They are filling, a decent value and have some remarkably tasty ingredients. I was shocked to find crispy bacon in one of these (a fast food rarity).

2. Greg B. says:

already have them here in Minnesota, Saw it on the D/T board Monday morning.

3. Jessica Leigh says:

I have mixed feelings about these. I feel like they failed miserably with the Big Mac wraps, which were disgusting. This might be better, with the tomato and bacon.

4. Ivane says:

Yep, we have them in Wisconsin already too.

5. Bensly says:

Anybody have an average price for these?

6. Francois says:

The picture would be more accurate if 3/4ths of the “snack wrap” was of mayonnaise.

7. SkippyMom says:

Is it just me or does their promotional picture look like poop in a wrap with fresh vegetables? Who is their food stylist? Hope they are out of a job by now. FAIL

That just looks nasty. Although the description sounds good.

8. J.B. says:

Already have them here in my town and the Mushroom and Swiss tastes great and a good value in my opinion at $2.

For some reason they do not exist anywhere in the Detroit area.

I think I am going to go get one right now.

9. Clevegal42 says:

I just had one of these in Cleveland last weekend. I had the Mushroom one and it was $1.99. I think they were all the same price. It was pretty good, but I have never had the angus burgers so I can’t compare them. I’m not sure it was entirely worth 2 bucks, but I’m cheap so don’t take my word for it.

10. I wonder how much these will cost, the current wraps are so small and $1.99 + taxes already..these may be around $2.99 if we get them even.

11. Big Time Eater says:

I’ve had these in NYC already, and they go for $1.99 each

A great way to get two or three of the angus burger flavors, without having to shell out $4 for each, especially if you dislike the mushroom swiss edition

12. maxchain says:

Call me old-fashioned, but I’m still not terribly keen on the idea of burgers un-bunned. It’s like Dr. Atkins is launching some posthumous final assault.

13. Heather says:

I just found out that these are in my area already. I’m going to give them a try. I’ve had the Mushroom and Swiss Angus Burger, but have been reluctant to try the other 2 because of price and nutrition info. The wraps are a good way to checking them out. Just a note: If you think about it, they take an Angus burger and slice it into thirds. Each wrap appears to have 1/3 of the burger in it and they are charging $1.99 for each. With the Angus burgers costing about $4.00 each, it seems like a good way for McDonald’s to make more money on one burger patty. You can do the math. Let’s see if they are worth it…

14. Tony jaguar says:

I once bit into a 1/3 pounder and spat it out. I will eat a lot of weird shit but the Mc3rd is not palatable

15. Sara says:

I had the Mushroom Swiss for $1.99 and it was surprisingly pretty tasty. I think the deluxe one goes for $1.49. It was quite filling and not overly mayonaissey. Way way way way better than the Big Mac Snack Wrap which was disgusting.

16. Reviewscout says:

Ya know I tried their Angus beef before and it was the most machined processed meat I have ever tasted. Mcdonald’s should do us all a favor and get a major facelift.

17. Gary says:

What is the nutritional info on the Angus Snack Wraps? Didn’t see it on the web site yet.

Tried the deluxe; pretty good and filling.

18. Singlesupra says:

Had one of these the other day. Oh so pretty, and for the unfortunate ones who look at the photo and dont realize its a patty cut in half, well we are just going to have to watch more closely.

This was without a doubt the nastiest thing I have ever gotten from a fast food establishment. Stay away, far far away. I glanced at the menu, ASSumed it was filled with the same tasty meat as there steak, egg and cheese bagel(which ironicly, IMO is the best thing to ever come from fast food). Boy was I wrong, instead I find an overcooked “patty” cut in half. At least with the bun version, the bread will take away some of the taste, not the case here.

Just pass on this one

• Adam Wolf says:

Exactly what you said.

The snack wraps are terribly nasty, but the Steak, Egg, & Cheese Bagel is the best thing ever.

I recently quit McDs as a second job to make a little extra cash. I’d only work mornings & I’d get a Stk/Egg/Cheese Bagel everyday.