Food News: First Day of Summer = 99cent Frostys at Wendy’s

It’s June 21st, the first day of summer, and Wendy’s is celebrating with 99cent 12oz Frosty’s.  Show of hands… who dunks fries in their Frosty?

26 comments on “Food News: First Day of Summer = 99cent Frostys at Wendy’s

1. Katie Ann says:

*raises hand* Heck yeah, I get the teeniest Frosty and dunk all my fries. I really like the sweet/salty combination, and also like to dip my fries in honey if I’m somewhere that offers it.

2. Josh says:

I not only dunk fries in there, but chicken nuggets…too bad the closed the one by my job a couple months ago… 🙁

3. Chuck Jones says:

I guess I know what’s for dinner!

4. Justin says:

Um, NO.

5. Raiders757 says:

Oh yea, I’ve been a Frosty fry dipper since I was a kid. Back in the days when Wendy’s had those old newspaper adds on their tables.

Is this a one day only promotion, or should I be planning a stop by Wendy’s on the way home my CDl training classes tomorrow?

6. Jessica J says:

Nothing beats the Frosty! I also love to dip my fries in it, or rather, I take a bit of fry, then a drink of frosty. I was just at my Wendy’s yesterday (Double Cheeseburger Value Meal w/ Fries and a Dr. Pepper – plus, shared Asian Boneless wings with my boyfriend) and they don’t have this promotion yet!

7. TheWarden says:

Heard about the fry-Frosty dippers for YEARS, but never done it.

Why, people! The Frosty is delicious on it’s own. Don’t muck in it with chunks of greasy potato, come on!!!

• Jessica J says:

There is just something about that salty-sweet combination that is so delicious! I thought it was disgusting until I tried it! I don’t dip though… I eat a bite of french fries then I take a sip of Frosty!

8. Zachary Jacob Zblewski says:

I’m pretty sure our Wendy’s has the 12oz Frostys for 99 cents all the time.

9. Bunny says:

Fries in ice cream doesn’t sound very good.

10. John says:

Eh, I don’t like ruining my Frosty by dipping Wendy’s mediocre fries in it. Chik-fil-A waffle fries dipped in a Frosty would probably be amaaaaaaaaaaaazing.

11. Patrick says:

Mmm yes I dunk fries and nuggets into my frosty! People think I’m weird lol but it feels good to not be the only one

12. Tony jaguar says:

Maybe when Wendys comes up with a ketchup flavored frosty I will.

13. SkippyMom says:

Heck no – I have to agree with TheWarden – that would be icky to muck it up.

And the idea of a ketchup flavored frosty is just…no.

Now I want Wendy’s 😀

• Jessica J says:

Ketchup? No way – no one dips their fries in ketchup before the Frosty. Just try it, really. I thought it was gross before I tried it. AND I don’t dip – I bite the fry and then sip the frosty!

14. My wife and brother both do, personally its not my thing tho

15. Gaby says:

I do occasionally dunk my fries into sweet things like the frosty.

16. Robby says:

I keep my nuggets in my honey and my fries out of my Frosty, but as long as no one tries to force me to mix and match I love Wendy’s and Frosty’s!

17. Amy says:

Ahhhh….the polar ends of the grub world unite via fast food…hot & salty meets cold & sweet.

18. Alec says:

I’m hungry!

19. Sarah says:

I like dipping my fries in honey, so I tried the Frosty dip after this post reminded me about it, and I have to say I was less than impressed. I’m gonna continue to keep my fries and Frosty separate.

20. Natalie says:

I’m a fry dipper too… I remember my sister taught me when I was young. She was 8 years older and so cool and grown up to my 10 year old self, so I did everything like she did….the fry/frosty thing is one of the things that’s actually still stuck after all these years.

21. maxchain says:

That sounds like a pretty gross combination. (Maybe on the way back from the bars?…)

22. harleytexas says:

Frosty yes, fries in it….no