Food News: Bacon Club Chalupa from Taco Bell Returns

Bacon Lovers Rejoice… Taco Bell’s Bacon Club Chalupa is back.  Nutrition Info: 490 cal, 32g of fat, 50mg cholesterol, 980mg sodium, 28g carbs, 3g dietary fiber, 3g sugars, 23g protein.

Flavorful bacon, marinated all-white-meat chicken and a tangy club sauce inside our crispy, chewy Chalupa shell.

16 comments on “Food News: Bacon Club Chalupa from Taco Bell Returns

1. maxchain says:

I’m on it!

By chance, did you guys get a review in the first time around?

• Ryan says:

Nope…I don’t think we have any type of chalupa reviewed. I’ve had the Bacon Club Chalupa before though…I think it’s pretty good.

2. Zachary Jacob Zblewski says:

I thought it was only a Bacon Club Gordita the first time around, but I may be mistaken.

I prefer Chalupas over Gorditas, so this one looks intriguing to me.

3. Katie Ann says:

I love the nacho cheese chicken Chalupa, this may be a suitable alternative. Looks pretty tasty.

4. Justin says:

I just got a little bit fatter.

5. SkippyMom says:

I live vicariously through your blog [all the things I can’t eat but want to] but can someone please explain the difference between a Gordita and a Chalupa [and isn’t Chalupa really a Taco Bell creation – does that word even exist outside of Gordita land? Really?]

Their picture cracks me up – it looks like the whole thing is constructed out of perfectly sculpted clay – especially the cheese – this takes product presentation WAY over the edge. :D

• Heather says:

A Gordita is more like a Pita bread which is baked, so it is soft. The Chalupa is a deep fried wheat flat bread which makes it slightly crunchy. I prefer the Chalupa (of course, it isn’t as healthy as the Gordita). :)

• Jessica J says:

The gordita has a soft, unfried shell. The chalupa is a crispy fried shell. They may even be the same shell, just fried with the chalupa. God, I can’t believe I know that. I’m sad. I should live vicariously through this blog, but instead I eat it in real life.

6. Jessica J says:

The picture does look really overly fake, more so than other times. Their food stylist is out of control!
    I think bacon on tacos, chalupas, or anything like that is just wrong.

7. Rachel says:

For years my standard order at Taco Bell has been a Meximelt with beans instead of meat and a chicken baja Chalupa.

The chicken baja Chalupa tastes so perfect to me, I just can’t see it needing bacon. Plus I think the bacon adds about 100 calories. Just not worth the extra treadmill time to me.

8. nick says:

best news EVER! going for lunch!

9. Swampfox says:

Don’t they do this every summer?? I seem to remember eating these on the beach two years ago, and on road trip on the way to buying a car in another state last year (although i’m thinking that was some sort of hard shell wrapped in soft shell w/ cheese between and bacon). Anyway I think I’ll be steering clear this year after recently experiencing the 36 hour aftermath of eating 5 volcano tacos. Its so tempting because its right next to my grocery store!

10. Shana says:

Thanks for explaining the difference between taco bell’s chalupa & gordita…I live near Mexico & the local ta
    querias have chalupas but they are called tostadas at taco bell..flat shell with lettuce beans & cheese

11. terry tate says:

they definitely had the bacon chalupa in the past. they should bring back the chicken fiesta melt already. i just finished eating this chalupa and its delicious, nacho cheese chicken chalupa is still the go to. they have a box meal this time around w. the bacon chalupa for 5 bucks with a drink a taco and a burrito, thats not terrible – charles barkley