Food News: New Hand-Breaded Chicken Tenders from Hardee’s

New at Hardee’sHand-Breaded Chicken Tenders.  Nutrition Facts for a 5pc: 440 cal, 21g fat, 4.5g saturated fat, 115mg cholesterol, 1290mg sodium, 21g carbs, 3g dietary fiber, 0g sugar, 41g protein.  Price: $2.99 for a 3-piece and $4.49 for a 5-piece.

Premium, fresh, all-white meat chicken tenders, hand-dipped in eggs and buttermilk and lightly breaded. Served with your choice of honey mustard, creamy buffalo, or buttermilk ranch sauces.

26 comments on “Food News: New Hand-Breaded Chicken Tenders from Hardee’s

1. Adam says:

Mmmm. Love me some chicken tenders :)

2. wow 1290mg sodium in 5 pieces is kind of shocking. Then factor in the dips..damn thats heart stopping. These do look pretty damn good tho.

3. Crusader says:

Grub Grade is all about peddling heart-attack inducing food. Why stop now?

4. maxchain says:

Now this sounds like something worth making the long trip to my nearest Hardee’s for! I wonder if I could pony up and get a second sauce to try.

5. Tracy says:

@Crusader, They’re not peddling heart-attack inducing food, just delivering the news. If you read their reviews you would see they all include nutritional info and mention when calories, fat and sodium are a bit much. I appreciate seeing if something is worse than I would have expected before I let my family eat it.

I’m more surprised to see that Adam, a 21 yrs old, looks for and reviews healthy foods so apparently he eats healthy a good deal of the time. Kind of gives me hope my junk food loving 18 yr old will someday eat better.

6. Michael says:

No Hardee around here, I wonder if Carls jr has these. Those chicken tenders in the video sure sound crispy when those girls took a bite.

• Mike N says:

According to Hardee’s spokeswoman Jenna Petroff: “No current plans for a CJ rollout, but never say never.”

7. Adam says:

@ Tracy

I eat 80 superfoods and 20 percent pure crap. It’s the only life I can imagine haha!

@Crusader

What’s the matter, didn’t get your serving of cardboard this morning?

8. Jessica J says:

I have eaten these twice now, and I will have to say that they are the best chicken tenders I’ve ever eaten, although they are a bit on the smallish side. I am always upset about how expensive fast food chicken tenders are, and at over six bucks for a five piece, these are very expensive. My local Hardee’s was nice though and through in an extra for me, because mine seemed smaller the second time than the first.
    The taste is very good and taste like homemade chicken tenders! The crust is DELICIOUS!

9. Matt says:

I tried these last weekend, and maybe it’s just my Hardees, but I wasn’t really into them. The breading was just too soft and flaky for me.

10. Robby says:

Honey mustard for me please!

11. Jim Harbaugh Scramble says:

They look a lot better than the previous tenders they had.
    Those things were not good.

12. Mike N says:

Hmmm, no choice of bar-b-que sauce? I’m trying to think if hardees would have bbq suace on hand for something else that they could sub. If not, regular ol’ ketchup is always good…

13. Atleye says:

I tried these today. The total was $4.80 for a 5 piece. I combined that with a coupon for a free small drink and small fries with the purchase of the tenders. They also gave me a honeymustard sauce when asked in addition to the two ranch that I had ordered. The tenders were decent, but a little bland for me. I prefer the Popeye’s spicy tenders myself.

14. la says:

I did not like these at all. They need some flavor or spice. They are also too soft; the other ones were crispy. They’ve also stopped selling barbecue sauce now. This makes it even worse because I don’t like any of the sauces they have now.

15. Karla says:

The commercial made these chicken tenders look HUGE..and CRISPY. I couldn’t believe how big they looked. Needless to say, I could hardly wait to try them..with the buttermilk ranch..YUM. However, when I ordered them at my local hardee’s..I was very disappointed when I saw how TINY they were. I mean these suckers were shockingly SMALL. Is there any truth in advertising at all.. NO WAY!!!

Hardee’s really dropped the ball on these. The girl in the commercial need her entire hand to hold ONE of these tenders…in REALITY, you can fit ALL FIVE comfortably in the palm of your hand..and still have room for the itty bitty sauce cups.

Stop Lying on your commercials,Hardee’s!!

16. Sabrina says:

Tried these today and they are small be prepared. I don’t know where they got those in the commercial cus those weren’t the ones we got today. Also be sure that they taste like they were cooked long enough because the ones I got were a little slimey inside, and chewy, almost like they were jus ton the cusp of getting done but got pulled. I sent them back. Hope I don’t get sick :(

17. Kevin says:

pretty funny how they used there own freezer in the commercial … those chicken boxes they show is what you get when you don’t order the new chicken stripes …

18. RHEVA ALLEN says:

HARDEES CHICKEN TENDERS ARE SOOO MOIST AND JUICY TASTE 100 TIMES BETTER THAN KFC!!

19. Sam says:

These are beyond horrible. They are the worst chicken tenders I have ever eaten. I would rather eat those dried out chicken sticks at McDonalds. Holy crap, these are absolutely terrible. If you have a Chick-fil-a nearby, go there instead. On a scale of 10, these score a -53. I will never ever buy these again.

20. Infinity_ says:

Damn, now thats an example of a pretty hardcore comment there, Sam, comparing them to McD’s strips, haha. Everyone has their own opinion though. These aren’t my favorite tenders by any stretch of the imagination, but they are definitely palatable, ‘specially with some Honey Mustard. On a 1-10 scale, I’d give these a positive 6.5.

21. Spitfire says:

I had these recently at my local Hardee’s and I don’t know if it’s the location, but the tenders I got were fairly large. They were much hotter and fresher than any other fast food chicken that I had ever had. With their honey mustard or BBQ sauce I would give these a 9.5/10. -.5 for the high cost

22. Undoubtly the best chicken tenders I ever tasted. Had them on Saturday night and they were excellent.