Food News: The Spicy Chicken Sandwich from Chick-fil-A is Here

It’s June 7th and today marks the nationwide debut of the Spicy Chicken Sandwich from Chick-fil-A.  Check out my review from last year during test market phases.

Spicy Chicken Sandwich:

A boneless breast of chicken seasoned with a spicy blend of peppers, hand-breaded, pressure cooked in 100% refined peanut oil and served on a toasted, buttered bun with dill pickle chips.  Also available on a Golden Wheat bun.  490 cal, 20g fat, 4g saturated fat, 60mg cholesterol, 1730mg sodium, 46g carbs, 4g fiber, 8g sugar, 31g protein.

Spicy Chicken Deluxe Sandwich:

A boneless breast of chicken seasoned with a spicy blend of peppers, hand-breaded, pressure cooked in 100% refined peanut oil and served on a toasted, buttered bun with dill pickle chips, Green Leaf lettuce, tomato and Pepper Jack cheese.  Also available on a Golden Wheat bun.  580 cal, 27g fat, 8g saturated fat, 80mg cholesterol, 1880mg sodium, 48g carbs, 4g fiber, 9g sugar, 36g protein.

15 comments on “Food News: The Spicy Chicken Sandwich from Chick-fil-A is Here

1. Adam says:

I had mine last week. I thought it worked well on a wheat bun with mustard :)

2. I wish we had Chick-fil-A here, it always looks so damn good, mind you I kinda question the pickles on chicken

3. Yum Yucky says:

Ooo. Wait until I tell my husband. He’s gonna freak out real happy.

4. Ben says:

Skip the pickle, and add the pepperjack and I’m there. Sounds great. Oh wait, we don’t have Chick-fil-A in Michigan. Why not????

5. Michael says:

I’m not one of those sodium alarmists, but dear lord, that’s practically your entire daily allowance of the stuff in a sandwich that isn’t even all that big.

6. Terry Tate says:

so lame that there isnt a chick-fil-a anywhere near nyc. lot of hungry chicken lovers in these parts too ya know

7. Nick says:

Eating spicy breaded chicken is almost like a heavenly experience for me. As someone who lives in CT, I only get the opportunity to visit Chick-Fil-A when I visit Philadelphia (once a month). NYU does have one in the Weinstein Food Court but it relies on heat lamps and is rather inauthentic.

8. rob says:

You have to have the pickle, it is what makes a Chick-fil-A a Chick-fil-A.

The pickle may not seem to fit, but much like with a Cuban sandwich, once you eat it you’ll think “Yup, it just wouldn’t be the same without the pickle.”

I don’t even like pickles but in a Chick-fil-A it is sheer perfection.

• Ryan says:

I agree w the pickle for the Original Chicken Sandwich but to me it doesn’t go too well w the Spicy version.

• m says:

I agree, the pickle makes the Original sandwich … not sure what it’ll do for the spicy version. Hmmmm … how soon before I can get me some Chick-fil-A?

9. Mikey says:

Eating one now. Got mine plain, as I always hated the fact they need to put pickles on everything. Sigh @ the local CFA was offering free small shake with spicy sandwich purchase, but they never offered it to me directly. (If I’d really wanted one I would have asked for it I suppose). Overall, not bad. The piece of chicken looks like hell, and maybe have been left over from last week but still good lol

10. Jessica J says:

I reserved a free sandwich, but I didn’t make it to the next town over that day. I am going on Thursday, so I plan to try this. I love, love, love Chick-Fila and I can’t wait to try it! I also LOVE their carrot and raisin salad! I always buy an extra one to take home with me!

11. […] Chick-fil-A spicy chicken sandwich has […]

12. Cyndi says:

I just Love this eatery! They rock! The new spicy sandwich is so good! I love all foods spicy! I will have to get it with cheese and deluxe next time! What I Love is a christian company with beliefs in God that make fresh amazingly delicious food!!it gets no better than that! Did I mention that the strawberry shake is Soooooooo good I can’t tell you enough!! Get it you will be so HAPPY!!!God bless!!!