Food News: Market Sliders from Boston Market

The slider craze isn’t quite over yet.  Boston Market is joining in with their new mini-sandwiches called Market Sliders.  For a limited time you can get a 3-pack for $2.99.  Available in BBQ Chicken & Cheddar, Turkey & Swiss and Meatloaf & Cheddar.

17 comments on “Food News: Market Sliders from Boston Market

1. Yum Yucky says:

I want this. I’d eat anything from Boston Market. Never had a meal of pure nastiness there yet.

2. Michael says:

Further dilution of the word “slider”. When will people realize that slider actually refers to something pretty specific — a tiny burger is not automatically a slider.

3. skippymom says:

Michael I know – I actually saw a slider hot dog yesterday at a restaurant – it was full size on a small bun – now how is THAT a slider? LOL

And none of BM’s sound appealing to me.

• Ryan says:

Slider Hot Dog? Was it Johnny Rockets?

• Zachary Jacob Zblewski says:

Festival Foods (Wisconsin grocery store) sells “Hot Dog Sliders”. 16 to a pack.

They also have “Hot Dog Slider Buns” in the bakery.

How is a hot dog a slider?

4. Meatloaf and Cheddar? I’ll pass!

5. Annie Benson says:

I would totally tear into a meatloaf and cheddar sandwich. Could not care less if it came as one full sized sammy or three little ones. Meatloaf sandwiches simply rock.

Well, mine do anyways. Haven’t tried Boston Market’s.

6. Bryan says:

I feel like trying this. For some reason, I’m a sucker for tiny burgers – so small and adorable, you just want to eat it.

7. Rachel says:

@Bryan … me too! I don’t know what it is about miniature sandwiches, but they’re irresistable.

I’ve never eaten Boston Market food but there’s one by my gym and I always catch the scent of rotisserie chicken wafting through the parking lot after spinning class. Makes my stomach growl.

• Ryan says:

About mini sandwiches…I feel the same way about diagonally slicing a regular sandwich. Makes it taste better. I realize it’s all in my head but just go with it.

8. Raiders757 says:

I haven’t ate at a Boston Market in over ten years. I used to like the place, but the one nearest me was torn down due to road widening and expansion of Christopher Newport University. That means the nearest on to me is around 15 miles away, and if I’m out in that area, there are so many other choices, that BM is not even in the cards.

I’m with Michael as well. Slider is a term that should be left for White Castle burgers. Even though I love a lot of the mini-sandwiches being offered these days, this trend is getting out of control. This was White Castle and Krystal’s niche. Then came Cheeseburger in Paradise, which makes the best mini-burgers of them all. After that, it just became a trend, and now it’s nothing special anymore. Even worse, is some places charge far too much for what you get.

9. Elle says:

I had the Turkey and Swiss today for lunch. It was quite filling and the bread isn’t white its a potato type. The combo comes with a side. Those little half containers. The dill mayo sauce on it is tasty and you get 2/3 turkey slices per sandwich. The price is quite good too, just wish they wouldn’t go up an extra dollar when the month is over
    Anyone know the calorie count?

10. Ava says:

How many calories in the turkey and swiss slider i am dying to know. Anybody?

11. stuka says:

this is something I would try.

12. Dave says:

280 calories for the TK slider.