What’s Your Favorite Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Flavor?

Hello GrubGrade readers.  I’m currently blogging from rainy South Burlington, Vermont.  I’m a few hours away from exploring the ins and outs of the Ben & Jerry’s company.  Tours and tastings are in my near future and I thought it would be fun to find out a little something about the audience.  I recently downed a pint of Chocolate Macadamia and my eyes are wide for what’s to come later today.  So I’m sure there are tons of ice cream fans out there and I’d like to know…What’s Your Favorite Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Flavor?  If you had the chance to create your own flavor combo, what would you make?

If it were up to me, I’d probably create something like vanilla ice cream with dark chocolate swirls and pieces of dark chocolate covered almonds.  Or maybe vanilla ice cream with caramels swirls and milk chocolate covered waffle cone pieces.  What do you think?  Not really too creative but I’m sure it’s tasty.  I’m sort of clueless and these might already be available.  Anyway, leave a comment and join in with the discussion.  I’m planning a Hitting the Road post on this Ben & Jerry’s experience next week so stay tuned and thanks for reading.

30 comments on “What’s Your Favorite Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Flavor?

1. Bob says:

I would take Karamel Sutra, Remove the Chocolate Chocolate Chip Part and just have that lovely Caramel Core with the Sweet Cream Ice Cream!

2. Elizabeth says:

Vermonty Python WAS my favorite flavor; I can’t believe they discontinued it.
    And, if I mad my own flavor, I’d probably roll with coconut ice cream with pieces of coconut-filled, dark chocolate candy and candied almonds. Mmm.

• Chelsea says:

I used to work at a B&J’s, and there was a coconut almond fudge chip that was really excellent. I think you could only get it in scoop shops. It was relegated to the graveyard, though.

3. Heather M. says:

I rarely pass up a chance for cinnamon buns ice cream–though I’m really a froyo devotee.

4. cb says:

Half baked is my all time fave. Nothing better than brownie and cookie dough chunks!!

5. jperonto says:

Chubby Hubby and Half baked!

6. Kat says:

I love half baked and Cherry Garcia!

7. Tony jaguar says:

Phish Phood, Half Baked.

8. Mimi says:

CHERRY GARCIA!!!

CHUNKY MUNKY!!!

STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE

9. rob says:

Chocophilia Monster Peanut Butter Death By Caramel

10. Liz says:

They used to make a flavor called ka-berry ka-BOOM! and it was… SO good… definitely my favorite. My mom’s complaint (and sometimes mine) is that almost all of their flavors have chocolate in them… even though we love chocolate, its TOO MUCH sometimes.

11. My favorite Ben and Jerry’s flavor was Cool Brittania: Strawberry and shortbread cookies.

If I could make a flavor it would be: banana, honey, peanut butter, and bacon. Admit it. That would rule.

12. Canadian Jill says:

Mint Chocolate Cookie is my fav flavour! As for creating a flavour, I’d stick with the mint and chocolate theme and do a milk chocolate ice cream with Mint Aero pieces (a Canadian/UK chocolate bar).

13. cdarl says:

I like Chubby Hubby and Cinnamon Rolls. I would make an Almond Joy flavor, or a Strawberry Colada sorbet.

14. Al says:

My top three:
    Chubby Hubby
    Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
    Peanut Butter Cup

15. laura says:

love love love peanut butter cookie dough! i cant really find it anywhere tho

16. Chelsea says:

Mint Chocolate Cookie, hands down. Would love a Cherry Garcia without the chocolate.

17. Ryan says:

As it turns out…my choc waffle cone w caramel swirl idea is already occupied by Stephen Colbert’s AmeriCone Dream… “Vanilla Ice Cream with Fudge Covered Waffle Cone Pieces & a Caramel Swirl”. It’s amazing.

18. Tony jaguar says:

Why can’t they put apple fritter in some ice cream. Or mixed donut bits in ice cream. Apple fritter bits and latte ice cream!!

19. T says:

Half-baked all the way!

20. sophia says:

wow. Is this what you get for being the ringleader of Grub Food Reviews? Cool. This is what I wanna be when I grow up! 😀

What I would love is: lavender ice cream with honey comb pieces and pistachios.
    Or: maple syrup ice cream with candied bacon bits and peanut butter.
    Or! Green tea latte ice cream with thick condensed milk swirls and adzuki beans and mochi bits

Haha, is that pushing it?

21. David says:

Peanut Brittle
    Boston Cream Pie
    Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz (Supposedly retired as Ryan can confirm it has a graveyard but I found it in Mohegan a few days ago)

Ryan,

This is sooooo! funny me and my roommate were just just in Vermont on the 3 and 4th to go to BJ’s and some local breweries. You should diffidently try to eat at American Flatbread in the Center of Church Street in Burlington and also ask about the Vermont Brewery Passport. We didn’t get to go to the test kitchen in Burl so that’s cool that you did. Lemme know if you wanna any tips on things to do in Vermont.

Dave

22. plushpuppy says:

I have never had Ben and Jerry’s in my life

23. chris says:

i miss fossil fuel:sweet ice cream fudge and chocolate pieces of dinosaurs.i also miss magic brownies:vanilla ice cream with fudge and raspberry sauce and thick brownie chunks.:( my 2 favy flavors

24. suzy says:

vanilla heath bar crunch is amazing

25. jilliann says:

oatmeal cookie chunk! sure it’s been 7 months since this post but i couldn’t believe no one mentioned it. dream come true.

26. Courtney says:

My absolute favorite is Cinnamon Buns, but if I were to create my own flavor it would be peanut butter flavored ice cream, a peanut butter swirl, with Resse’s Cup’s and Resse’s Piece’s. Yum!

27. NIKI says:

my favorite ben and jerrys flavour is chocolate chips cookie dough. thats actually my favorite flavor regardless of the brand, but ive tried a lot of other different brands of cookie dough ice cream and nothing compares to B&J. ben and jerrys hands down, has the very best cookie dough ice cream compared to anyone else! their cookie dough chunks are huge, the ice cream is chuck full of them, the vanilla ice cream surrounding the cookie dough is perfectly creamy/delicious. after eating their cookie dough ice cream, i dont want any other brands. my second favorite b&j ice cream is peanut butter cup. i actually like to combine the 2 flavours. cookie dough ice cream+pb cup= amazing dessert!

28. Bollocks says:

I cant believe no one said new york super fudge chunk shame on you all