GG Poll: Salsa or Guacamole

The great debate to win the hearts of chips everywhere. If you could have just one, would you choose salsa or guacamole? This is an extremely tough choice and a decision I hope I never have to make.  I hope to always have both salsa and avocados handy, but if I really had to choose just one, which would get my vote?  To some out there, this decision might be easy…difficult decision for me.

Salsa vs Guacamole
Salsa
Guacamole
pollcode.com free polls

22 comments on “GG Poll: Salsa or Guacamole

1. Mike says:

I’ve had some really great salsa, but if I had to pick one, it’d definitely be guacamole. Avocado is <3

2. Chelsea says:

This IS a touch decision. I feel like you can have salsa without guac, but you can’t have guac without salsa. Therefore, salsa wins!

3. Ken says:

I was a late convert to guacamole so my love for salsa runs deeper. Plus salsa is healthier and more versatile.

4. Amy says:

Don’t tell tomatoes or avocados that you forced me to make this agonizing decision. I don’t want to lose any friends.

5. Brittany says:

Really? I thought guacamole was so universally considered better that I couldn’t figured out the conflict in this poll.

6. Adam Bomb says:

Eeeeeeeewwwww gross @ guacamole.

Salsa FTW!

7. plushpuppy says:

Salsa FTW I use it instead of butter on my potato and I couldn’t do that with guac

8. Tyler says:

anyone know of a good guacamole you can buy in the store?

9. Adam Bomb says:

The only good guacamole…..is a dead guacamole. Yeah, that didn’t make sense.

10. Adam says:

I like salsa, mostly because it can have so many different forms. At my university, they offer three different kinds. a pico de gallo, a black bean and corn, and a pinapple and tomato.

11. Manavee says:

The trouble is this in my mind: Guac, for the most part, is guac. Salsa, on the other hand, has a wide variety of types and quality.

If you took the “average” guac and the “average” salsa, I would go with the guac. However, if you took the “best guac I ever had” and matched it with the “best salsa I ever had,” I think I would take the salsa.

I ended up voting guac, but it was indeed a tough decision.

12. Francois says:

I consider salsa to be more versatile and there are more varieties. But I’m also a tad biased, as I’m terribly allergic to avocados. But I used to love guacamole as well.

13. Shana says:

I chose salsa but Jeeez that’s a tough one..i usually mix avocados with pico de gallo so it’s kinda like having both. Avocados are seriously one of the healthiest foods you could possibly eat even with all the fat (good fat btw)

14. Tony jaguar says:

Assuming I can still have hot sauce, I voted for guacamole.

15. Raiders757 says:

This isn’t tough at all. Guacamole can’t hold a candle to salsa. Salsa is “The Bomb”!!! Guacamole is “Meh” and rather nasty to boot.

16. Annie Benson says:

I went with the guac, but man, what a hard choice. Salsa is perhaps a tad more versatile, but the guac just makes me so happy when I get around it.

I’m glad I don’t have to make that choice for reals.

17. TurkeyBurgers says:

One of the best store brand Salsa’s is the Paul Newman Brand. They have a pineapple salsa that is good but their Peach Salsa is out of this world good. I think the problem with Guacamole is that it is never spiced up or changed around. Guacamole is guacamole. You don’t see too many different recipes for Guac.

• Ryan says:

If you’re ever in Philly, check out El Vez and try the “Bazooka Limon” guacamole… it’s made with goat cheese, pistachio, chile flake and roasted tomato. I haven’t tried it but that’s definitely a change from a typical guacamole.

ps…I love fruit salsas.

18. Ryan says:

I’d like to reveal my choice… I had to pick guacamole. I currently have 2 avocados that are about a day away from being ready to be eaten. Points are taken away from guac because of having to possibly wait for your avocados to be perfect. When I choose to wait an extra day while at the same time having salsa in my fridge, I know I have to go with the guacamole as my pick. I currently only have enough tortilla chips for either guac or salsa and I’m saving them for the guac.