The Ben & Jerry’s Flavor Graveyard

I’m clearly running behind on the Ben & Jerry’s trip posts that are hopefully soon to come.  Here’s a little something in the meantime…a trip to the Ben & Jerry’s Flavor Graveyard.  A place where discontinued Ben & Jerry’s flavors come to rest.  What retired flavor would you like to see make a rise from the grave? Here are some pictures from my recent trip to pay my respects.

18 comments on “The Ben & Jerry’s Flavor Graveyard

1. Amy says:

I probably wouldn’t run away from any ice cream zombie. I had to stop reading because too many of the dead were starting to look appetizing. Coconut Cream Pie, White Russian and Nutty Waffle Cone were amoung those that caught my eye. I cheated. I’m not an expert on Ben, Jerry or their delights, so I scoped out the virtual crypt. http://www.benjerry.com/fun/halloween

2. Adam says:

I think it’s horribly unfortunate that one day Flourless Chocolate Cake is going to be in there instead of on the shelves (or in my belly) where it needs to be.

3. SHTHAR says:

Until they make bring white russian back I will eat no more ben and jerry forever.

4. Canadian Jill says:

I got a kick out of Bovinity Divinity back in the day.

5. [...] GrubGrade reports from the Ben & Jerry’s “flavor graveyard.” [...]

6. Lauren says:

I second the call for Bovinity Divinity- so delicious.

7. It’s kinda spooky that they have a graveyard even if it’s just for their “dead” flavors.

8. katie says:

Bovinity Divinity – late night college memories circa 1999!

• Jillian says:

I may have cried when Bovinity Divinity ended up in the graveyard. Fossil Fuel is the nest best thing, but not the same. Tear.

• Kim says:

No wonder I haven’t been able to find it for years. I kept hoping to stumble across Bovinity Divinity at the grocery store one day… so sad

9. Danny Boy says:

I second the White Russian suggestion. My favorite B&J flavor ever, though, was “Baked Alaska.” I had it while I was living in Germany (although I think they had it in other European countries) but have never seen it in the states.

I wonder if there is an International Flavor Graveyard….

10. David says:

Coffee Coffee Buzz Buzz Buzz is not retired that the thing I found funniest about the graveyard. I went to Mohegan Sun lately and in the scoop shop there they had that exact flavor.

11. Raiders757 says:

I really miss the Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. It’s the cookie dough ice cream but with chocolate instead of vanilla. I can’t find it anywhere anymore and it was one of their best flavors. I hope to all that is right in this world that it hasn’t been placed in the flavor graveyard.

Even worse, is Häagen-Daz not making the Chocolate Chessecake ice cream anymore. That was the greatest ice cream ever made. Rich chocolate with chocolate cheesecake chunks that had chocolate crust, and it was swirled with this crazy good chocolate sauce that I have never seen the likes of since.

12. Tam says:

Oh I would do anything to see Rainforest Crunch again… Can anyone recommend a taste-alike?

13. Buzz says:

I will never forgive the loss of Wavy Gravy. Never.

14. [...] The annual Free Cone Day celebration at Ben & Jerry’s scoop shops returns on Tuesday, April 9th.  What’s your scoop of choice?  Feel free to leave comments on your favorite dead flavor. [...]

15. […] But, Ben & Jerry’s has brilliantly done just that.  Their Vermont headquarters features a graveyard to discontinued, dead flavors.  Here, visitors can mourn Tennessee Mud, Ethan Almond and my […]