Food News: New Burger King Breakfast Bowl

Alongside the new BK Breakfast Muffin, Burger King is introducing another morning option in the form of a Breakfast Bowl.

Participating BURGER KING(r) restaurants nationwide will feature the new, premium BKTM Breakfast Bowl. This easy-to-go, easy-to-eat menu item features all of the ingredients of a typical breakfast platter, combining roasted southwestern potatoes, grilled onions and peppers, scrambled eggs and savory sausage topped with a three-cheese blend and a smoky cheese sauce. In-restaurant merchandising will support this all-in-one breakfast experience, which is available for a suggested retail price of $2.79.

22 comments on “Food News: New Burger King Breakfast Bowl

1. maxchain says:

Oh man, I’ve never been courageous enough to try these because they contain three days’ worth of sodium (literally, in one case!).

2. Adam Bomb says:

Hmmmm, must have nutritional info!

3. rightclue says:

Looks good in the picture… and if it were prepared fresh..

but it is likely going to be a rethawed goop of mess…. I’d still give it a shot..

as for maxchain: your sodium claim is very true.

Still, if you must try it just once (or at least half of it) then there is no harm… as long as it does not become a chronic issue.

4. ALLGOOD says:

Looks like one of those frozen breakfast bowls from the supermarket. Cut out the middle-man and just go to the store and then heat the thing up yourself…..

5. Evan says:

I had one of these this morning. It’s safe to say that it was NOT just a prepackaged deal. You could tell it was somewhat freshly made. The sausage was just one of their sausage pattys chopped up. It was very small, and only a single diced potato deap. It was good, but not worth the price ($2.99)

6. Raiders757 says:

I’m still trying to lose the weight from the KFC bowls I downed in my recent past. I’ll have to pass on that. Fast Food bowls are bad news, as one often isn’t enough for me.

7. Michelle says:

I had one of these this morning, not too bad tasting. I can’t find the nutritional information anywhere, which is probably a bad sign. I have been trying to eat lower carb so this is less carbs than a biscuit, but I worry about the calories and fat. Anyone know where I can find the nutritional info on it? (Its not on the BK website)
    Also, it didn’t look anything like the photo. The bowl was not even half filled.

8. John says:

Can’t find the nutritional information for this stupid bowl anywhere. You know what that means! It’s no good for you! However, it tasted pretty good this morning, there just wasn’t enough of it to justify a 3 dollar price tag.
    JBII

9. Nicole says:

I had one this morning. I t0o am trying to cut the carbs and still eat relatively low fat too. I saw the sign and thought I’d give it a try. It was tasty and definitely fresh. There may be some kind of sauce on it that I could do without.

I called Burger King when I couldn’t find the nutirition facts on their website. The extremely nice customer rep directed me to the PDF files below the ‘Build Your Meal’. Sure enough – it was there. Here is the link http://www.bk.com/cms/en/us/cms_out/digital_assets/files/pages/NationalNutritionals.pdf

I was a bit shocked by the whopping calories (540) and fat (42g), given the bowl was barely half full. Using the ‘Build Your Meal’ to attempt to recreate the bowl from the Sausage Biscuit sandwich it seemed true, if two sausage patties were used (I don’t quite think they were.) I had asked if I could have no potatoes and was told it was already mixed. So it was ‘pre-prepared’, but I don’t know if it was frozen.

It was worth a try, but will not become part of my breakfast routine. I will stick with my egg white and turkey sausage.

• ashley says:

theres only 1 piece of sausage in it. and u should be able to get it without the potato mix because they make the scrambled egg and bake the potatoes and when u order it they put all the ingredients in the bowl the egg then potato then sausage then cheesy sauce and cheese! im very sorry they lied to you ive been working at a burger king for a couple of months before college starts and im very sorry =-(

10. Rick says:

I thought it was GREAT, just needs some bacon, and perhaps, toast on the side. Don’t forget an oj. Fair price… I will buy one often.

11. Rich says:

I just tried it today and it was great. I liked it because it didn’t have empty bread carbs. It is only 540 calories, less than a third of the days requirement and has only 17 carbs, a third to a half less than any other breakfast sandwich.

Certainly worth the 2.99 I paid.

12. Rich says:

I had another one today and watched them prepare it. Just as good as yesterday’s.

13. Adam says:

Sweet link Nichole. Now I just gotta find a BK with pancakes :)

14. Chris says:

These bowls taste good but are horrible for you. Plus the value is way off, not worth $2.99. The bowl was only half full. The ingredients are stored in a plastic container with the exception of the cheese. They scoop it out and put the cheese over the top. This mixture was not freshly made. Tastes good though.

• ashley says:

no at cadillac they prepare it all fresh for u from scratch. and bake the potatos and make the scrambled egg.

15. Jenn says:

Loved it – if you are on Weight Watchers though its 14 points!!!

16. Claude Layton says:

Quality of Food is exceptional, however quanity of food does not match your advertised picture! Could rename as breakfast dab! This item is a poor value for the customer!

17. Bandit says:

Is the bowl supposed to be FILLED because mine sure wasn’t today. Maybe half, if that!! for $2.99 Looked nothing like the picture above…lol

18. LaVerne says:

You people are a bunch of complainers! Today, I had the breakfast bowl for the second time and it was very good. I got the same portion as before and I think it is priced right! It also taste very fresh!!!