Food News: New Bacon and Blue Burger from Wendy’s

Back in October, Wendy’s released the Bacon Deluxe (read our review) to it’s line of “Old Fashioned” burgers. ┬áThe latest member to the family is called the Bacon and Blue and it’s available for a limited time. (680 calories, 40 grams of fat, 44 grams of carbs, 37 grams of protein)

Send your taste buds into overdrive with fresh, never frozen North American beef covered in real blue cheese crumbles layered with thick, fresh-cooked Applewood Smoked Bacon, topped with sauteed onions and creamy steakhouse sauce.

11 comments on “Food News: New Bacon and Blue Burger from Wendy’s

1. Justin says:

Will I have to take out a loan to buy it, like everything else at Wendy’s?

2. Ralph E. says:

I just saw an add for it in Texas. I am going to have one tomorrow. i have been making this burger at home for more then 20 years. I also had blue cheese burgers any where they might be available at every burger place in North Texas for years I have always wished that the big chains would finaly get a clue that the public wants some variety. Now if they can put it on something other then boring white buns, how about some rye, or pumpernickel?

3. Ray says:

This burger was horrible, save your money!

4. rob says:

Looks all kinds of delicious

5. Lee says:

Looks really good. blue cheese and bacon should be a great combo. they should take out the cheddar cheese though. really not needed for this burger.

6. Big B says:

A coworker of mine mentionned to me about the promotion and right away was I salivating. I love the combination of blue cheese and meat.

I did go ahead and had it for lunch yesterday.

Pros:
    -Lots of cheese
    -Extra Crispy bacon (3 Slices)
    -Decent size burger

Cons:
    -Caramelized onions are more like sweated onions(or steamed)
    -Would be nice to have a sauce on it (ranch or mayo base sauce)
    -I would have add Peppercorn or Maple Syrup flavored Bacon

7. Maj says:

I had one of these last week.

It was pretty bland and flavorless.

I didn’t know it was possible to make bleu cheese bland and flavorless.

8. kimmy says:

the sandwich was bangin and knockin. it is wonderful! GO WENDY’S!

9. Rob says:

This is the best hamburger concoction I’ve ever had at a chain, the blue cheese just adds so much to this burger. Wendy’s got it right big time on this one.

10. tia mabry says:

I HAVE TO GET THIS SOOOON!