Food News: BK Dollar Double Coming In April

The $1.00 BK Dollar Double will follow the same path that the McDonald’s Double Cheeseburger took and remove one slice of cheese.  The BK Double Cheeseburger will move up to the $1.19 price mark.  Changes are supposed to happen on April 26. So is an extra slice of American cheese that much of a big deal?  Burger is also known as the “Buck Double“.

The BK Double Cheeseburger is about to get a price hike

10 comments on “Food News: BK Dollar Double Coming In April

1. rob says:

I’ll pay the extra .19 for the second slice of cheese but when I go out to eat the sky’s the limit, I don’t hold back, give me a $5 bill and I’m a wild man.

2. TomHandy says:

Our nation’s fast food chains should be finding ways to add more slices of cheese to burgers, not less.

3. Raiders757 says:

I could care less about the slice of cheese. One is enough. Even if it had no cheese, I would feel the same way. It’s still worth a $1.

4. Justin says:

I heard BK is going to revamp their menu along with providing Seattle’s Best Coffee?

They should move to a Five Guys like model, and focus on proper burgers and fries, and only that. I think the Whopper Bar was an experiment with that model, they should expand on that.

Also, most fast food places should remodel their interiors to be as comfy and accommodating as McDonald’s. On lunch, I usually seek out McDonald’s in the area I’m in because they have a TV and a very nice interior that is nice to spend a half-hour in. BK, Taco Bell and Wendy’s feel like prison cafeterias by comparison!

5. Greg says:

Having been a manager at Mc Donald’s when you start calculating food cost vs income etc.. the one slice of cheese begins to add up. Most people do not care really. Only thing is the ones who don’t know, still order a Double Cheese and flip out when it costs more than they are used to. Yes, SOME crew do not think to explain the change to customers…

6. Justin says:

I could care less about how much cheese costs them, in the end, they make billions and you, as the manager, gets $30K a year or so. They’ll fire a bunch of people just to make a couple million more in addition to the millions they already have.

I know it’s all about greed. The franchise will not shut down because of cheap burgers.

7. I think I read somewhere that that extra piece of cheese costs them about 5 cents and that the total cost of a Double Cheeseburger foodwise is about ~55 cents?

That being said the company was getting a lot of heat from its franchisees and put this out as a compromise.

8. drpep says:

I’d rather have no cheese so removing a slice won’t bother me.

9. stevee says:

Last time I bought one(and I get them frequently) I felt like 2 slices was a bit too much, so this doesn’t bother me at all.
    What they need to do is offer a single slice of bacon for like 25 cents or something.

10. Dahnkey says:

I will risk heresy and say that both McD’s and BK’s double cheeseburgers are plenty salty enough; I find that one slice of cheese is enough for the cheese flavor and thus is actually a bit “healthier” by having a tad less sodium and fat.

Of course, maybe it has to do with my cheap mental barrier of buying things exactly $1.00 or less…

or I make up the healthiness by eating another one or two.