Food News: Chick-fil-A Spicy Chicken Sandwich Coming Nationwide…

Back in April 2009, I got word that Chick-fil-A was testing a “Spicy” version of their Classic Chicken Sandwich.  Lucky for me, Columbia, Maryland was one of the test areas.  I had a taste for myself and did a full review on the Spicy Chicken Sandwich.  The nationwide rollout of this sandwich is coming soon.

Chick-fil-A Spicy Chicken Sandwich

Thanks to GrubGrade reader Justin for the heads up:

Good news for everybody then. Come sometime in June, the Spicy Chicken Sandwich will have completed its roll-out finally. I work for a Chick-fil-A and preparing for this new menu item has not been easy. A whole new fryer is required for the sandwich, they have to rearrange our entire kitchen line-up, and to make sure that we do not contaminate the breading of the original and the spicy. So if you do order a spicy chicken sandwich just appreciate the time and energy that has come with making them.

9 comments on “Food News: Chick-fil-A Spicy Chicken Sandwich Coming Nationwide…

1. Steve says:

I didn’t know it wasn’t already nationwide! Maybe the entire Baltimore area was a test area…hmm.

2. maxchain says:

June?! I want it now!

3. I didn’t know it wasn’t nation wide either. Good news though!

4. Bryan says:

I live in Atlanta, GA and we still don’t have it. I have wanted this for so long. You would think it would already be in the home state of Chick-fil-A

5. Sully says:

I love Chicfila, and have waited forever for them to go the spicy route. I can not wait. Hurry up and get them to TX!!

6. Very overdue. I think they had them in TX a year ago so they have been a while. Looking forward to trying this.

7. I love chik fil a. People say it’s just a chicken sandwich but I think they taste so fresh! I can’t wait for this to come out!

8. Steve says:

Looking forward to it! Chik-Fil-A is the only fast food chain that has Tabasco sauce packets right next to the ketchup so spicy makes sense.

9. Allison says:

I’ve worked for Chick-fil-A for about 8 1/2 years, and I’ve been waiting for this the whole time!!! :)
    Yes, there were test markets in Florida, Baltimore, and California. The nationwide release is June 7th, with a premiere week May 31st. You can register online @ getspicychicken.com to receive a printable coupon for a FREE Spicy sandwich, before it’s even on the menu! …it even enables you to make a reservation for the day and time you’ll go get it. Pretty cool!
    I was fortunate enough to try it last summer when my husband and I lived in the Bay Area…and IT. IS. AMAZING.
    I frequently eat my Original Chick-fil-A sandwiches with Tabasco sauce…and I have to confess that if it’s late at night or a Sunday, I’ll go to Wendy’s specifically for their spicy chicken sandwich. But seeing as how Chick-fil-A is the juiciest, best-tasting chicken sandwich out there…adding spiciness to it will blow Wendy’s sandwich out of the water!
    Also, test markets didn’t offer pepperjack cheese, but it is part of the “deluxe” option on the sandwich when it’s released. :)
    P.S. Be on the lookout for testing of spicy nuggets and chicken biscuits!!!!! Yumm!!! :)