Food News: New Spicy Chicken Nuggets from Wendy’s

What took Wendy’s so long to come out with Spicy Chicken Nuggets? I know the Spicy Chicken Sandwich is pretty popular so it’s a no-brainer to have a kicked up version of the regular chicken nuggets.

Spicy Chicken Nuggets from Wendy's

and here is the commercial…

My first impressions: I actually tried these new nuggets earlier in the week.  They were pretty much what I expected.  If you’ve had the Spicy Chicken Sandwich, it’s basically a nugget form of that patty.  It’s a denser crust than the regular nuggets and it does have a decent amount of heat. Missing unfortunately was a nice, cool ranch or bleu cheese dipper to go along with it.  I paid a promo price of $1.29 for a 5-piece but the funny thing is I saw the regular price was only 10 cents more…oh and if you noticed the commercial above apparently they are supposed to be 99cents.  Good ol’ reliable Wendy’s prices.  Boo!  Pretty good promo…not at all.  Anyways, if you like a little more kick with your nuggets they are definitely worth a shot.  Here are iPhone quality pics I took:

Wendy's Spicy Chicken Nuggets

10 comments on “Food News: New Spicy Chicken Nuggets from Wendy’s

1. [...] This post was Twitted by GrubGrade [...]

2. RossS says:

Definitely needs a dipper to go with it. That iPhone takes some pretty decent pics! Good detail.

3. Adam Bomb says:

I’m interested in these. I might actually go to Wendy’s for once, now!

4. SkippyMom says:

They don’t look very good – and $1.29 is an okay price, I guess. Could you ask for ranch? Or did they charge?

5. drpep says:

I’m not excited about these because I know the local Wendy’s won’t sell them at .99c. They never did the .99c Double Stack and passed on several other advertissed promos. If these were advertised at regular price then I’d be interested.

6. drpep says:

I drove by Wendy’s today and noticed the parking lot was empty so I stopped in for lunch. I was shocked to find the Spicy Nuggets on the menu for .99c. They weren’t bad, especially for the price and they were spicy.

7. ClockCat says:

I don’t like Wendy’s because of the extreme price differences on even the basic and promotional menu items. Half the dollar menu is $1.49 here.

I don’t like being lied to, and it’s nothing short of constant disappointment when I know I can go to any other place here and know how much something is going to cost. double hamburgers are $1 at most places, fries are $1, drinks are $1, and they usually offer chicken nuggets for $1 at burger king or mcdonalds.

I’m not going to risk wasting my time going somewhere when the price on every menu item is so different. They aren’t even in some kind of ratio with each other. At one Wendy’s one item can cost three times as much as another, and the next one it is cheaper. It’s really like a pricing lottery or something.

I wish they would homogenize the chain a bit.

8. Johnny Boy says:

The problem with the pricing differences is that they have franchised stores that are not required to follow their promo pricing. If it is a corporate location, they will have the promo prices.

9. emu says:

spicy chicken nuggets are the shizzz!

10. [...] I just got an exceptionally bad batch, both Grub Grade, and The Impulsive Buy seemed to like them. Nutritional information is here. I can think of several [...]