Food News: Hardee’s Portobello Mushroom Melt Thickburger

Something new is cooking over at Hardee’s.  The Portobello Mushroom Melt Thickburger has arrived and it’s available for $3.79.   This burger features 1/3 pound of charbroiled 100% Black Angus beef, sauteed Portobello Mushrooms, grilled onions, two slices of melted Swiss and toasted sourdough bread.  Nutrition-wise you’re getting 670 calories and 41 grams of fat.

Hardee's Portobello Mushroom Melt

and the commercial…

18 comments on “Food News: Hardee’s Portobello Mushroom Melt Thickburger

1. Marianne says:

that looks nasty!

2. SkippyMom says:

I have to agree with Marianne on this. But I bet it doesn’t look so “overwhelming” when you actually order one.

Hardee’s needs a new food stylist if they think that pic’ is attractive.

3. maxchain says:

Figures. FIGURES. Less than a week after I use the freebie I won here!

4. Crusader says:

What’s wrong with you people? That burger looks super delish. Too bad the nearest Hardees is not in my area.

5. Corey says:

I’ve had the Carl’s Junior equivalent. It’s disgusting… the mushrooms are gummy and tasteless.

6. Yum Yucky says:

I struggling with a split personality. One 1/2 of me wants it (good). The 1/2, not so much (evil).

7. rob says:

heck of a lot of mushrooms

8. SkippyMom says:

I looked at the pic’ again and if those are portobellos I am the Pope.

Those look like the garden variety canned mushrooms. And they still look ick in the pic’.

9. Don’t they already have a sandwich exactly like this? Only without portabellos?

10. Lowell says:

The name “portabello” mushroom was invented in the 70′s as a way of selling large cremini mushrooms.

11. Raiders757 says:

I’m with the Frozen Food Master on this one. You lost me at mushroom as well.

12. wibia says:

This could be good, but the last 5 Hardee’s promo burgers have been pretty awful, so who knows?! However, if the mushrooms have any gravy/sauce on them, no dice.

13. all I want is that sourdough bread! the bread choices always get me!

14. Adam Bomb says:

I love how the sandwich BOUNCES when it hits the ground at the end of the commercial. What, is it made of rubber? LOL

15. Nicole says:

OK, hubby and I just tried this one because I had a 2/1 coupon. VERY disappointed. I know the pics always make it look better but if you took all of the mushrooms and onions and put them on one side they still wouldn’t look like the picture.
    I like the Mushroom and swiss thickburger better than this.
    I would love to meet their PR person!

16. JR LARRABEE says:

They fail to mention how the thickburgers are prepaired. The burgers are pre-cooked,frozen and shipped to each restaurant. When ordered, the burgers are mearly warmed up in a char-broiler and presented to the customers as made-to-order. They may be 100 percent angus but they are also loaded with preseratives. Smoke and mirrors people!