McDonald’s Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Shake

October is winding down and Halloween is fast approaching.  It’s the month of pumpkins.  Earlier this month we posted news of Dairy Queen’s Pumpkin Pie Blizzard and if you look around you’ll find other quick serve restaurants incorporating the pumpkin into their menus.  I recently saw McDonald’s getting into the fun with some pumpkin treats on the menu board.  Not sure if all McD’s offer the Pumpkin Pie or Pumpkin Shake but I’ve seen them appear in previous years.

So has anyone tried the McDonald’s Pumpkin Pie or Pumpkin Shake?  What’s the verdict?

Pumpkins

19 comments on “McDonald’s Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Shake

1. Jesse says:

I haven’t seen these in the Chicago area, but I would be willing to give it a go. Does anyone know if they are advertising them regionally?

2. Ryan says:

Found them here in Maryland. Haven’t seen any ads for them…just the menu board.

3. Adam Bomb says:

I haven’t noticed them here yet. I did, however, have my annual pumpkin pie blizzard from DQ last Friday. It was delicious :D

4. j thomas says:

My sister found them in Colorado, but none here in San Diego, Ca, at least I cant find any. She says there really good, I’m jealous cuz I love pumpkin pie, especially if they’re 2 for 1$ ( :

5. Wow, I’m going to have to check and see if we’ve got them here in my part of Indiana tomorrow. Sounds pretty delicious!

6. Koni says:

I did try the McDonald’s pumpkin blizzard. It was very strange. It actually tasted exactly like a pumpkin-scented lotion I had once. The shake wasn’t really flavored like pumpkin but almost “scented”. It had some wood-smoke notes to it, which was extremely disconcerting.

7. Koni says:

Pumpkin shake that is.

8. sean says:

haven’t seen it here in the DFW yet
    the jack in the box shake is excellent though
    whip cream with a cherry on top

9. Yuck…Yuck…Yuck.

Mine was grainy and potent. I prefer the DQ pumpkin pie blizzard.

10. Cinabar says:

Pumpkin milkshake has not made it to UK McD’s, which is a shame as I’d love to give it a try!

11. jamie says:

JUST HAD THE PUMPKIN PIE IN INDY – IT WAS GREAT!!! LOOKING FOR IT UP IN CHICAGO DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY HAVE IT?

12. Justina says:

I have had the pumpkin milkshake 3 times already! I LOVE IT! Its so good just the right amount of pumpkin-ness. It is just like a pumpkin pie but in an amazing milkshake way. MUST TRY:)

13. Echo710 says:

I’ve never had the pumpkin shake, but I have to admit that I haven’t really looked for it, since I’m not a fan of ice cream. I will, however, confess to an unfortunate weakness for the pumpkin pies… those have to be one of the best things ever to come out of a McDonald’s. I think the season for them is over now, but during the past month I’ve bought one of those pumpkin pies on several occasions. They also came at the fantastic price of 2 for $1… but I can’t eat two of them at once; as delicious as they are, one is filling enough for me.

So I can definitely vouch for the deliciousness of the pumpkin pie, but haven’t tried (or even had any interest in) the pumpkin shake… still, although I don’t like ice cream, I am a huge fan of all things pumpkin… so maybe I will give the shake a try if I happen to run across it next year. I will definitely be back for more of the pies.

14. marie davenporte says:

Hi there, all! I had the pumpkin shake on Saturday in Delaware! IT WAS AMAZING!!! They top it with whipped cream and a cherry and it’s like having pumpkin pie in a cup!!!

In fact, it’s better than most pumpkin pie I’ve had! I haven’t had the DQ pumpkin pie blizzard, but I intend to try it.

As an addition to pumpkin pie goodness, try the pumpkin pie cheesecake at Olive Garden — it’s GREAT!!

Happy Nibbling!

15. Neata says:

Has anyone seen McDonalds Pumpkin Pie in New York?

16. Kerry says:

Hays Kansas has the pumpkin Shakes, they are to die for. If you have them get them because they aren’t everywhere.

17. potpiebelly says:

Just tried my first McD pumpkin pie. Frankly, if you are a fan of pumpkin pie (as I am, have been all my life) then you will be sorely disappointed. If you are a fan and still think that these are delicious, then you have been pumpkin neglected, abused and brainwashed your entire life. It probably not your fault, and we’re lobbying for legislature to provide proper pumpkin pie education of the palate for the year 2020. If you are craving pumpkin pie, need a quick fix, and have no other options, then it’s pretty darn good.

18. Connie says:

I had the DQ blizzard today and am the pumpkin fanatic metioned previously and was disappointed. It has some kind of watery orange background that I didn’t quite understand, the whole custard concept just didn’t come through. The sprinkle of spices on top are incredible though and were awesome to discover lingering on my fingers an hour after I finished (maybe I need to wash my hands more often).

I plan on trying the McDonald’s version as the egg nog shake never fails BUT if you are looking for a pumpkin satisfaction, I’d suggest getting a pumpkin pie (NOT spice) breve from any coffee shop. It’s liquid autumn sensation will make your taste buds swoon.

19. joshua says: