Food News: Free Grilled Chicken at KFC, Monday October 26

UNFry Day is upon us once again.  This Monday, October 26, KFC will be giving away one free piece of grilled chicken to each customer.  Remember what a debacle the Oprah thing was?  Let’s see if this time KFC is prepared.

Check out our review of KFC’s Grilled Chicken.

KFC Grilled Chicken

10 comments on “Food News: Free Grilled Chicken at KFC, Monday October 26

• Ryan says:

Hehe…yeah looks that way. They are pretty small pieces too…I doubt they’d be giving out free breasts…probably a lot of drumsticks and tiny wings.

1. Jesse says:

Hey Ryan,

Do you think they will be doing the coupon thing or just handing them out? The news online seemed a little vague on that.

The coupons were an epic fail.

2. DHL says:

They did the one free piece offer before they did the two piece meal debacle. The one free piece offer ran really smoothly from what I saw, so this should be no different. Also, you do not need a coupon.

3. david says:

These grilled chicken pieces are very small and petite. It’s not even worth paying for, imo.
    I’m not going to bother to wait in line for a small piece of chicken, it will make me look desperate.

4. SkippyMom says:

Seems to not be selling too well does it? This is the third time since it’s debut that they are GIVING it away?

Doesn’t interest me in the least – I like Boston Market or Mimi’s – a little more expensive but so much better. :)

5. cress says:

Actually, the grilled is doing very very well according to numerous business publications. Yum Brands has seen strong sales since its introduction this past spring. I think it has more to do with getting a “free giveaway promotion” right, instead of what happened with the Oprah fiasco. I think it’s more of a PR push by KFC to make amends for that.

6. DHL says:

Boston Market is getting into the game. $1 Real Chicken Meal Deal. Quarter white meat or 3 piece dark meat chicken served with mashed potatoes and corn bread. Valid 10/26 – 11/1.

7. Dahnkey says:

Just got my free piece of chicken; I went with a friend, and although there were four other vultures like us hanging around after our orders waiting for the free chicken, the people there were friendly about it and were nice enough to put two pieces in a bag for my friend and me.

We got a pretty big drumstick and a thigh. The drumstick was larger than the fried pieces we had ordered, while the thigh was the same size.

Very juicy, but almost saltier than the fried chicken. I suggest you eat the grilled first, since you’ll say, “Hey not bad,” before you eat the fried chicken and say, “Now that’s why I come to KFC. For @#)ing FRIED chicken!”