Food News: The Low-Fat Buffalo Chicken Sandwich from Subway

Subway’s latest $5.00 Footlong sub is the Low-Fat Buffalo Chicken Sandwich.  A 6″ will set you back 370 calories and 7 grams of fat.  Available until November 16.

Spice-A-Licious Buffalo Chicken.  Cool Light Ranch.  6 inches of Flavorocity. The new Low-Fat Buffalo Chicken is the ultimate in spice-a-licious-ness. Tender glazed buffalo chicken topped with our cool new light ranch. Served on freshly baked bread. It’s big on flavor, not on fat!

Buffalo Chicken Sandwich from Subway

15 comments on “Food News: The Low-Fat Buffalo Chicken Sandwich from Subway

1. Adam Bomb says:

Hmmm, I might have to give this one a shot. I got a $5 Subway gift card at the blood drive at my job today, even though they didn’t end up letting me donate blood :( But still, free gift card.

So this IS included in the $5 footlong promotion?

2. Ryan says:

@ Adam Bomb … At participating locations.

3. Yum Yucky says:

Coolness. I’ll try it next time I forget my lunch…I always manage to do that.

4. Adam Bomb says:

Pssshhh @ “at participating locations”. I hate that little disclaimer. It’s like the restaurant saying, “Hey! Don’t get mad at us, we didn’t guarantee the deal at all our stores!” LOL

5. maxchain says:

Eh, I’ll sit this one out–I’ve never been terribly impressed with Subway’s chicken, personally.

6. Raiders757 says:

I’m with Maxchain. Subway’s chicken is rather sub-par. The same can be said for their meatballs as well. When I do go to Subway, it’s for one of the $5 footlongs with cold cuts and not toasted. When I want a toasted sub, or a sub with warm meat, I’ll go somewhere that’s a little more qualified. Like a place that has a real oven or skillet.

On topic, the best way to reduce fat with a Buffalo sandwich, is to not get any ranch dressing at all. If the hot sauce is good enough, then no buffalo chicken sandwich of any kind needs a fattening dressing to mask the flavor of the tasty wing sauce.

7. SkippyMom says:

I don’t know Raider – the combo is nice [hence why they always serve ranch with wings] and for 370 calories including the ranch? Why deny the flavor mixture? It seems to be the whole point of the sandwich.

Then again if you don’t like ranch – I can see that and if you find Subways chicken sub par then this sandwich is simply a non issue for you :)

I like the cold cuts at Subway too – the warm sandwiches don’t interest me.

8. Adam says:

I too am not huge on Subway’s cooked chicken breat ‘product.’ They do however have pretty good quality roast beef though. Still, this seems worth a try.

9. Billy says:

Agree with you guys about Subway’s chicken being low quality. It’s not even 100% chicken meat.

10. brad says:

I heard Subway’s one of the worst places you can eat because they leave their meat sitting out for so long.

11. Adam Bomb says:

Well, the meat is *supposed* to be kept at a controlled temperature. But who really knows? The way I look at it, eating out is a gamble wherever you go.

12. harleytexas says:

Ranch is not always served with wings, at least not until I moved to Texas, it was always bleu cheese. Far better, but still not going on my wings.

13. Amy says:

Hated it! The Pre-cut chicken was fatty and the buffalo sauce was WWWay too salty.

14. wkdsog says:

i love how subway markets it as a $5 footlong when the sub itself is only 6 inches.

15. jack212 says:

this ishhh look bomb i needz today after skool hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa