I guess I’m in a Sweet and Spicy kind of mood today to post my first impressions of the new SweetFire Chicken Breast from Panda Express followed by the Sweet & Spicy Chicken Habanero Oven Baked Sandwich from Domino’s.  As we reported last week, Domino’s has expanded it’s line of sandwiches with four new offerings.  I just got my grubby little hands on this Chicken Habanero sub yesterday and I’m here to report some quick thoughts.

Domino's Oven Baked Sandwich Box

The Sweet & Spicy Chicken Habanero goes a little something like this:

A SWEET & SPICY medley, made with all white meat chicken breast, pineapple, jalapenos, sweet mango habanero sauce, provolone & cheddar cheese. On artisan Italian bread & baked to a golden brown.

Ordering Domino’s online let’s you choose certain ingredients to be “light” or “extra”…and being the wimp that I am, I chose to go light on the habanero sauce and the jalapenos.  Going “light” didn’t help much as the sandwich was still pretty spicy for my tastes but definitely tolerable and actually pretty tasty. The artisan Italian bread is super crisp and toasty.  The chicken breast was plentiful and the pineapple provided the nice sweetness.  The provolone & cheddar cheeses did just enough to make their presence known and that was a big positive.  This sandwich was pretty oily/greasy from the bread alone so have some napkins handy.

Sweet & Spicy Habanero Chicken Sandwich from Domino's

At the current promo price of $4.99 the sandwich is so-so filling and a lot smaller than the commercial shows it to be.  I’d probably order it again if I was getting Domino’s but if the price goes up to $5.99 (which is very likely) I might have to pass.  A decent effort from Domino’s and a little more inspired than the other offerings currently available.

Chicken Habanero Sub from Domino's

9 comments on “First Impressions: Sweet & Spicy Chicken Habanero Oven Baked Sandwich from Domino’s

1. Nice work… I don’t think that anyone is going to touch $5+ right now. It really doesn’t look that bad. Are nutrition facts out yet?

2. Ryan says:

817 calories and 33 grams of fat. Time for a nap.

3. Raiders757 says:

Dominos isn’t one of my favorite places, that’s for sure. Their pizza is just terrible, and this comes from someone who claims there is no such as a terrible pizza. Just bad ones.

However, the subs I have tried from them are pretty darn good considering the quality of the ingredients used. Still, I always find myself walking way from them not fully satisfied, as if I could eat more. They just don’t offer the bang for your buck like other places do. Decent, yes, but none of them are worth $5.99.

4. If I am going to take 817 out of my diet, it better be really good! Not sure if this is going to make it onto WIBIA anytime soon, I’ll pass! Thanks for the info Ryan.

5. a says:

i had it the first day it came out. this was a coincidence though, i’m not like a huge dominos sub freak.

the pineapple is really not a sandwich fruit. they put way too many peppers on it.the sweet and spicy sauce just didn’t match liek you would think it should.

never ordering that again.

6. Bunny says:

After seeing those Youtube videos, do they really think that we want to eat anything form Domino’s?

I’ll pass.

7. ayoe says:

honestly these are great, not very cheap but they taste damn good. smoke a lil herb and munch on one of these/lava choclate cake, if you can eat it all and not be satisfied your a fatass and its not dominos fault.

8. Lori says:

The Sweet and Spicy chicken sandwich is off the chain!!!!!!!!!

9. Angel says:

This sandwich is dank!! Bury me with one.