Food News: Arby’s New $5.01 Combos

New at Arby’s$5.01 Combos.  5 grub combination choices for $5.01 each.  2 of the 5 choices have been around for years but there are 3 newcomers.  All 5 combos include curly fries and a small drink.

French Dip & Swiss Toasted Sub: What’s the extra penny for?  One bite and you’ll know.  We start with a toasted ciabatta roll then pile on oven-roasted, freshly sliced beef and melted Swiss cheese.  Dip it in our generous portion of hot, savory au jus and you’re digging into one delicious deal.

Arby's French Dip and Swiss Toasted Sub

Regular Roast Beef: What’s the extra penny for?  The unbeatable taste of an Arby’s original.  We start with a toasted sesame seed bun, then pile on our world famous, oven-roasted beef.  Complete the total Arby’s experience with our signature Arby’s Sauce or Horsey Sauce.

Arby's Regular Roast Beef Sandwich

New! Roast Beef Patty Melt: What’s the extra penny for?  A new twist on an old standard.  Our patty melt is made with oven-roasted, freshly sliced beef, piled high on toasted sourdough bread.  Melted Swiss cheese and creamy Thousand Island dressing add a tantalizing finish to a great sandwich.

Arby's Roast Beef Patty Melt

New! Roast Beef Gyro: What’s the extra penny for?  Better ingredients.  Our gyro features Arby’s beef – roasted to perfection and freshly sliced on a warm, soft flatbread, topped with fresh lettuce, tomato, red onions, and traditional gyro sauce.

Arby's Roast Beef Gyro

New! Roast Chicken Ranch: What’s the extra penny for?  Flavor you just won’t get anywhere else.  This sandwich starts with 0ven-roasted, freshly sliced chicken, piled on toasted sourdough bread.  Then we top it with creamy Peppercorn Ranch sauce and fresh lettuce, tomato, and red onions.

Arby's Roast Chicken Ranch

19 comments on “Food News: Arby’s New $5.01 Combos

1. Adam Bomb says:

They’ve been running the $5.01 promotion here for a little while now. The patty melt is badass, btw.

2. SkippyMom says:

Why didn’t they save this for a homage to Lincoln on his birthday? That way they could’ve tied in that Lincoln is on the $5 and the penny.

Reading the “What’s the extra penny for?” in their ad started to get annoying :D

The melt and the gyro do look good tho’.

3. jperonto says:

I want the gyros! I also want some nutritionals, but they’re not on the site?

4. Yum Yucky says:

I’ve already got the 1 cent, now can I borrow five dollars? I’m feigning for French Dip.

5. harleytexas says:

The fact that they are putting their meat on flatbread and using gyro sauce does not make it a gyro….WTF!!?!?!?!?!?

6. Adam Bomb says:

@HarleyTexas – I agree wholeheartedly. No gyro meat, no gyro. Kinda like the patty melt. Where’s the patty? At least it’s good. I’m doubting the “gyro” is very good.

7. brad says:

This seems kinda retarded to me. $5 is insane for a combo meal, then you throw in an extra penny I have to come up with? Or even better, toss in an extra dollar and get 99 cents change back. Great going, Arby’s.

8. Natalie says:

The patty melt looks really good..I’ve had the french dip before, I might be tempted to get it again now that it’s only $5.01. Well, it’s probably $6.01 in Alaska but whatever.

9. drpep says:

Sundays paper had Arbys coupons. Half the ad was for the $5.01 combos. Under the combo ad were coupons for the same combos at $3.99.

10. jesi says:

personally i think the french dip is pretty bad. ive had it twice, and the second time they forgot my jus and the thing was fricking inedible, i had to throw it away. even adding sauce to it, it was so dry, chewy and flavorless.
    get a steakhouse beef dip from quiznos if youre craving a french dip, theyre awesome and totally worth the buck or so more than arbys.

11. Adam Bomb says:

Brad: They don’t have sales tax at your Arby’s? The total isn’t going to be $5.01 when you pay for it. And five bucks (and a penny) doesn’t seem to bad compared to the regular prices at Arby’s.

12. magpie latintert says:

finally, the food i want at a price i can afford, see ya subway

13. Jissyka says:

Does Arby’s not have the 5 for $5 anymore??

14. tomtom says:

@yum yucky – do you have any idea what feigning means? what you said makes absolutely no sense. look it up

15. Melissa says:

They had no choice but to lower the ridiculous prices the combos were! I read they lost so much business by charging almost $8 for a combo! I didn’t go to arbys for almost 2 years! I like the $5.01 combos, hope they stay.

16. Shawn says:

$5.01 for a combo meal is awesome and the Patty Melt is one of the best sandwiches I’ve ever had! Ok so the cent is annoying, but they do have the penny usually in a cup at their registers for your convenience. As far as prices….as the old saying goes – you get what you pay for! Sliced deli meat costs way more than a frozen processed hamburger patty.

And FYI…99 cent sandwiches seems to be their newest trend in an effort to lure in those customers!

17. Jason says:

I thought I was going to get the $5.01 combo but cost me $5.50 +. they should have already included the tax … not cool

18. Shawn says:

That would kind of be difficult as tax varies by state

19. […] made attempts at the gyro sandwich in the past, and now they’re back at it at select locations.  For a limited time Arby’s is […]