Food News: Burger King Double Cheeseburger for $1.00

The Double Cheeseburger from Burger King is getting a new price nationwide starting Monday, October 19th.  A quarter pound of beef for just $1.00.  Take that McDonald’s Double Cheeseburger!  Take that Wendy’s Double Stack!  Earlier this week we battled Burger King and McD’s to see who reigns supreme in the Double Cheeseburger Wars.  A little customization and a solid $1.00 price tag should help BK gain some points.  Although it remains to be seen how long the $1.00 price will actually last.  The regular price of the Double Cheeseburger, as of earlier this week at my local BK, was a staggering $3.19.

Burger King Double Cheeseburger

13 comments on “Food News: Burger King Double Cheeseburger for $1.00

1. Justin says:

ABOUT TIME!

Why don’t more hamburger joints offer pickled banana peppers? I love those things! If more of these joints had them, I could die a happy man tomorrow!

2. brad says:

Over $3? That’s insane. It’s been a dollar for about a week now, here. I’ve been appreciating it.

3. Adam Bomb says:

The dollar double seems to be the standard now. No excuse for a double that costs more!

Unrelated: Does anyone know what’s up with the Japanese-language links underneath the “Recent Comments” column on Grub Grade? All the links go to Japanese sites.

4. Ryan says:

@ Adam Bomb… Testing out some foreign waters temporarily. GrubGrade Worldwide :D . Bear with us :)

5. Adam Bomb says:

Oh, I wasn’t complaining! Sorry, lol. I was just concerned that maybe they weren’t supposed to be there.

6. Bryan says:

I’ve seen it for $1 over the past couple of months in both Athens and Atlanta

7. Adam Bomb says:

Just saw at BK that the double cheese value meal is $3.29. I think it’s funny that the combo is only a dime more than what the sandwich alone was, in most places, only a week or two ago.

8. Justin says:

Adam, that is truly disgusting. BK must have known how much of a killing they were making on this thing. The price of these things never made any sense.

9. Its about time. Now I can buy 3 of them…

10. Spam says:

This Chicago Tribune story about the double cheeseburger war notes that Burger King franchisees have voted down the $1 promotion twice this summer, but the company went ahead with it anyway. Additionally:

“In a recent report downgrading Burger King’s stock, West said the $1 double cheeseburgers are not producing the expected sales lifts in test markets.”

11. Topes says:

I will buy the double cheeseburger at Burger King, go to McDonalds for frys and Taco bell for a pepsi……

12. phildo says:

I just bought 4 double cheeseburgers for $4. I’m gonna eat ‘em all…for real.

13. fred says:

god that looks awful………..