Food News: KFC Ultimate Value Menu and the $1.99 Grilled Chicken Value Box

KFC has launched their Ultimate Value Menu which consists of 12 items for under $2.00 each.  This Ultimate Value Menu includes the Kentucky Grilled Chicken Value Box for only $1.99.

kfcvm

Some of the offerings include:

For $1.99

• Kentucky Grilled Value Box – choice of either a Kentucky Grilled drumstick or thigh with Potato Wedges
  • Snack Boxes (Popcorn Chicken with Potato Wedges or Three Hot Wings® with Potato Wedges), Snack Size Bowl or Honey BBQ Sandwich

For $1.49

• Side Salad or KFC® Toasted Wrap
  • Little Bucket Parfait

For 99 cents

• Two Biscuit
  • Two Apple Turnovers
  • 3 count of Brownie Bites
  • KFC Snacker Sandwich
  • Mini Melt  (pulled chicken coated in Honey BBQ Sauce and mixed with a 3-cheese blend, and pressed in a tortilla wrap)

12 comments on “Food News: KFC Ultimate Value Menu and the $1.99 Grilled Chicken Value Box

1. Justin says:

I wonder if that Double Down Chicken Sandwich is KFC’s exit strategy out of the Grilled Chicken fiasco.

I guess it may have gotten a 1-month reprieve with this offer.

2. brad says:

wow that’s kinda cool. I’m not a big KFC guy though, I dunno if it’ll be different enough from other value menus for me to actually go try any of it.

3. SkippyMom says:

I would laugh hysterically Justin if KFC thought the Double Down was a good exit strateeegery away from the Grilled Chicken fiasco. How can that even be a good idea? Then again…

As for the value menu – meh. I don’t see my fav’s on there, mashed potatoes and green beans, so sad.

Nice to know tho’ if I need to fatten the kids cheap! :)

4. Justin says:

It’s just so funny that KFC was talking about focusing on Grilled Chicken at the start of the summer, giving out free meals left and right, and then coming out with the Double Down Sandwich.

Sounds like the Grilled Chicken went down in flames, no pun intended. I’m guessing this value meal is the last stand before it’s gone for good.

Then it’s Double Down time…and we can put that weight back on…whoo hoo!

5. SkippyMom says:

Oh Justin I agree…absolutely. But the D/D? Should have an additional D added to it – D for Disgusting. I can’t believe that is on the menu anywhere.

Has anyone ordered this or seen anyone order it? How gross would you feel after eating TWO fried chicken breasts with bacon inside the “sandwich”…oh it makes me nauseous thinking about it.

I don’t fault KFC for trying grilled chicken – bravo for trying to get people on a healthier [ha] route – but to back it up with this trainwreck…you aren’t kidding J.

6. HaloEleven says:

What’s wrong with the Grilled Chicken! I like it alright. Pieces are a little small and it’s no El Pollo Loco, but we only have one of those in Colorado and it’s a bit of a haul for me. The biggest problem is that the folks that work at my local KFC are drooling morons, so getting my order right is always a challenge.

7. maxchain says:

Never in my life have I seen a promotional image in such dire need of an “items not to scale” disclaimer. (But I’m in for a Snack Box, for sure.)

8. cress says:

How about checking news sources before calling KFC grilled a failure. It is going to be around a long time. Why? Because its good.

9. cress says:

KFC came out with grilled chicken as a big addition to their menu. Did you think they were going to abandon their bread and butter–FRIED CHICKEN? No, that would be stupid to think that. They are trying to pull in new customers with a healthier option(grilled), and also continuing to cater to their core audience(fried). Whats wrong with that?
    I like that they have a value menu. Their Hot Wings, wedges, and Snackers are pretty good. And I love the grilled option.

10. Justin says:

@cress, KFC can say whatever it wants. They invested a LOT of money into this product. They may not be breaking even on it. Maybe they don’t want to keep on supporting it for various reasons.

The Double Down is strong evidence they’re dumping this turkey pretty soon. I don’t believe it’s doing well at all, not well enough to justify keeping.

11. Josh says:

Thanks for posting this. I am going out for KFC tonight and can’t find the 2 dollar menu on their website or anywhere else. This is just what I was looking for.

@HaloEleven Sept 1: Yeah the employees at my local KFC are morons as well, some of the shadiest characters in town and they are terrible at getting an order accurate. What’s up? My Taco Bell used to be equally bad but about 5 years ago they shaped up and they get orders right with astonishing accuracy, even special orders.

12. […] go and individual versus group meal purchases, KFC has introduced snack wraps, the Double Down, a value menu and a $5 Fill Up Box.  Never mind the fact that the strategy isn’t working and KFC sales are […]