RememBear This: Squeezit

Pure 100% drinkable sugar! These things were awesome. They had great flavors with great names, Chucklin’ Cherry, Berry B. Wild, Grumpy Grape/Gallopin’ Grape, Silly Billy Strawberry, Rockin’ Red Puncher, Mean Green Puncher, Smarty Arty Orange, and Troppi Tropical Punch.

Squeezit

After watching my afternoon episodes of Out of This World and The Adventures of Pete & Pete, me and my brothers would gather for a little Don’t Wake Daddy or Mousetrap. We ran to the fridge in the garage (we had an extra two freezers and a fridge because there were so many of us) and each grab our favorite Squeezit. Mine was Berry B. Wild!

For some reason it was the bee’s knees to twist that plastic cap off….and then squeeze the sweet nectar into your mouth. The only problem is that I’d be finished with it in about as much time as it took me to pop the top….needless to say I ran back to grab another….and another…..and quite possibly another (matter of fact I’m surprised I don’t have Type 2 Diabetes).

Do you remember when they had the mystery flavor in the black bottles? What did you think the flavor was? Sadly these had to have gone the way of the Dodo bird. There is however an online petition to bring them back, I suggest you all go right now and fill it out.

What’s your favorite squeezable treat? Although not a treat per se, due to nostalgic factors, I’ve got to go with Aquafresh.

17 comments on “RememBear This: Squeezit

1. WOW I remember this stuff. You are so right Bear! Twisting the top off is the best part! :D I miss those times of all our great kid stuff!

2. Yum Yucky says:

Sorry, dude. This, I don’t RememBear.

3. Marianne says:

You can still buy a similar Kool-Aid product, Kool-Aid Bursts! http://tinyurl.com/l7ck69

4. Shan says:

I’ve never had a Squeeze It. I wasn’t allowed.

5. willrun4food says:

Ours was a Mondo house…less sugar and all. Chillin’ Cherry and Global Grape were a fixture in my lunchbox. “It’s your world,” fo sho.

6. Stefan says:

right on willrun4food. We rocked the Mondos as well. Good times…happier times…(sigh)

7. Kristopher says:

I miss these, dearly. Every once in a while, I’ll stop by a gas station that sells the “Kool Aid Bursts”, buy a few, and pretend they are Squeeze-Its.

8. Min says:

Same here, we drank Mondos but I craaaved Squeezits because they had the awesome faces. :D

9. Adam Bomb says:

I definitely have fond memories of Squeezits. I buy my kids the Kool-Aid version every once in a while, and live vicariously through them, lol. My boys left some Hi-C boxes in my fridge when they stayed over last weekend. Yeah, I drank them….lol

10. Raiders757 says:

Thanks again, Bear, for making me feel old. My generation had Hi-C in a can. You could try to squeeze it if you wanted to, but it was best to let mom jab holes in it with a can opener.

11. +1 with Raiders… I read these and feel really old! Good stuff here, though I was a pretty fond of Capri Sun for my sugar drink!

12. Marianne says:

jeezus raiders … now i join WIBIA on feeling old …

13. Raiders757 says:

Sorry, Marianne

If you remember the Hi-C cans I’m talking about, your at the very least, in your late thirties. You probably remember rotary phones as well. LOL!

Do you remember when cable TV was the new “hip” thing? I even remember having to get up and change the channel with a dial. Hell, I even remember getting cable TV, and still having to get up and dial the box. Remember the ‘Bannana Splits’?!! I remember when HBO didn’t even play movies 24 hours a day. They had a blue screen with a list of that night’s movies. When they went 24 hours and were packaged with Max, you got a guide every month, and it was fun looking through it, so you could plan your viewing pleasure. I swear, it was so much better back then. Movies weren’t played out to the point that you got sick of them. Maybe a few, yes, but for the most part, no.

Then MTV came along, and they actually played music videos instead of crappy reality TV. Wow imagine that!

I really don’t think the 90′s generation “gets it”, like we do. No offense meant either . The 80′s generation experienced everything. We were born into a world before cable TV and push button telephones. We lived a youth that was free of digital distraction, and we had no idea it was going to be the way it is now. We saw things advance a long way in our short life times, and for many of us, we can appreciate where we are now. More than those younger than us.

I’m damn glad I was born in 1970. I have seen our society advance in ways that could never have been imagined back then. Most of you have no friggin’ clue how it was! If you told me about this “internet” back when I was 14, I would have laughed at you. It would have sounded like the words of a madman.

Even at 15 years of age(1985). If you told me I could talk about food with other fans of food from around the world, on a PC, within 20 years, I would have laughed at you. Don’t even bother telling me that trading music without recording it on a cassette tape would be possible.

I had a TI computer with a cassette tape deck modom and phone hook up. That high tech back then.

14. varta says:

oooooohhhh elementary school flashbacks!

kids nowadays are ruined. they never got to experience atari or when super mario was square shaped. or before madonna was scary.

15. these sound a lot like Kool aid bursts but they too have been dead for a long time

16. I’m nostalgic about these nostalgia posts. Maybe it’s time I sent a few more your way :)