KFC Double Down Sandwich Is Real

There has been some rumblings that the KFC Double Down is a fake but it has been confirmed as real.  This elusive bread-less “sandwich” uses two Original Recipe fried chicken fillets to hold in bacon, Swiss and Pepper Jack cheese and a slathering of Colonel’s Sauce. The sandwich is in certain test markets and is priced somewhere in the $5 range.  Also get this, the Double Down is estimated at under 600 calories!  Nothing is official on price or nutrition info just yet.  So anyways, the Double Down is indeed real and we’ll keep an eye out for a wider release.

Source: NRN

KFC Double Down

11 comments on “KFC Double Down Sandwich Is Real

1. Adam Bomb says:

Under 600 calories? Damn.

2. cress says:

The other 2000 calories is running down your arm in a liquid-grease form, as you shove this artery-clogger down your throat.

3. SkippyMom says:

Everything I have read about it says since they haven’t released the calorie count guesstimates have been in the 1700 range – 600 seems awfully low for that much fried chicken cheese and bacon- for 600 calories I would try it tho’ – once. ‘Cause, darn, that is nasty.

4. rob says:

Two pieces of fried chicken, a little bacon, cheese and sauce .. no reason it should result in a massive amount of calories. Leaving out the bread saves calories and carbs.

5. DHL says:

Now the question is…. would it taste even better if the entire Double Down was battered and then deep fried? FFM?

6. Justin H says:

600 calories seems about right honestly. That’s why the whole Atkins thing actually worked. The amount of useable energy (calories) in bread is far greater than in meat.

7. John says:

Just saw a video on msn about this so I had to come here to see the news.
    I can’t believe this. I have a feeling this one might get messy. Although, maybe they’ll have special breasts just for these sandwiches?
    Anyway, we’re all going to try it at least once right?

8. Stefan says:

I would DESTROY that…um…i guess i can call it a sandwich. Just looks delicious…mmmmmm

9. Ken says:

KFC should stick that behemoth inside one of its delectable biscuits and make it a regular samwich.

10. Adam Bomb says:

My friend read an article that says this sandwich has 1300 calories in it.

11. This is so unhealthy… but then on the other hand… hmmm, can I have a plate, a fork and a knife please? And can I order one cup of garlic rice with it please?… Now I’m done with my dinner! Yum! Yum! Yum! :-)