Food News: Fried Bologna Biscuit from Hardee’s

For those of us no where near a Carl’s Jr., we’ve been taunted this week by a delicious looking burger called The Big Carl.  This Big Mac rival boasts a bigger meal and smaller price.  Well what about those of us with only Hardee’s restaurants nearby?  Sadly, no Big Carl….No Big Hardee.  There is the Big Shef but it’s just not the same.  So what can we taunt the West-of Texas folk with?  How about an Oscar Mayer Fried Bologna Biscuit.  :(  Yeah…take that Carl’s Jr. people.  We’ve got a fried bologna breakfast sandwich.

Fried Bologna Biscuit from Hardee's

Egg & cheese on top of a folded slice of fried Oscar Mayer Bologna, all on our Made from Scratch biscuit.

Nutrition Info:

Calories – 610

Fat – 43 grams

Saturated Fat – 13 grams

Cholesterol – 230 milligrams

Sodium – 1620 milligrams

Carbs – 36 grams

Sugars – 4 grams

Dietary Fiber – 0 grams

Protein – 17 grams

12 comments on “Food News: Fried Bologna Biscuit from Hardee’s

1. Adam Bomb says:

Yeah….I don’t think I’ll be trying this one. LOL Something about paying for bologna at a restaurant just doesn’t sit well with me!

2. brad says:

Eh I’m a bologna fan, I’ll give it a try

3. Yum Yucky says:

Gimme a biscuit! Gimme one right now!

4. kylemeat says:

Mmmmm. Fried bologna. Out of curiosity, how many of yall outside of the south have heard of that? Too bad there’s no Carls’ OR Hardees in Houston.

• thehottoddy23 says:

I doubt anyone will see this comment since the original comment was from 2009 (!) but this comment irritated me a little. Fried bologna sandwiches are by no means southern, much like a lot of other “southern” foods. I’m from PA and it is quite common. Nothing personal, but southerners aren’t the only folks who know about comfort foods.

5. rob says:

I lived on fried bologna sandwiches my freshman year of college, for $5 you could eat for a week.

I used to use the bologna/cheese/bologna method.

That said, no way am I blowing 660 calories on a fried bologna biscuit, that is 2/3 of a Five Guys burger that I could eat instead.

6. Adam Bomb says:

No joke: My dad used to make fried bologna and grape jelly sandwiches. I tried one once, and it wasn’t bad. Then again, I was probably 8 at the time.

7. Raiders757 says:

From the looks of the pics, the “Big Carl” didn’t look all that great to begin with, so I have no envy for those on Carl’s territory.

I’ll pass on the fried bologna and egg biscuit as well. Being from southeastern Virginia, I’ll take a country ham & egg biscuit any day over that. You just can’t beat that salted ham goodness. It’s even better than a bacon & egg biscuit. Blows them away.

8. The Big Shef is the most disgusting burger I’ve ever eaten. Ugh.

But I used to eat fried bologna all them time, definitely gonna grab one of these as soon as I get the chance.

9. Justin H says:

Wow, no Hardees or Carls in MA. The biscuit, egg and cheese combo goes best with ham or bacon I think.

10. cress says:

I would try this..somewhere else. Hardees biscuits are edible I guess, about the same as McDs, but Bojangles would take both places biscuits out back and beat them with a rubber hose.

11. Alex says:

I had it the other day. It’s good. Really good.