Jealous: Cheeburger Cheeburger Grubbers

Are you kidding me? This is just insanely unfair…..I need to find one of these….and soon! I…..I just am speechless….how did I not know this place of fairy tale existed and how are they not on every corner or every block. If you’ve never been to a Cheeburger Cheeburger (as I haven’t) then here is what you’re (I’m) missing.

Burger & Fries (via phxpma's Flickr)

Burger & Fries (via phxpma's Flickr)

First off is choosing your size:
Our Famous Pounder – a huge 20 ounces!
The Delirious – 3/4 lb (14 ounces)
The Serious – 1/2 lb (10 ounces)
The Semi-Serious – 1/3 lb (7 ounces)
The Classic – Our “Beginner” burger. (5.5 ounces)

Then you pick your cheese:
American Cheese, Bleu Cheese, Swiss Cheese, Feta Cheese, Pepper Jack Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, Provolone Cheese or a Jack/Cheddar Mix

Then your toppings:
Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Pickle, Mayonnaise, Relish, Salsa, Roasted Red Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers, Banana Peppers, Guacamole Chopped Black Olives, Onion Rings, Tabasco Sauce, Ranch Dressing, Bar-B-Q Sauce, A.1. Steak Sauce, Honey Mustard, Heinz 57 Steak Sauce, Horseradish Sauce, Peanut Butter, Artichoke Hearts, Worcestershire Sauce, Coleslaw, Grey Poupon, Chopped Garlic, Pineapple, Teriyaki Sauce, Bacon, Sautéed Mushrooms, Sautéed Onions or grilled Portobello mushroom.

That’s not even to mention their sauces:
Creamy Cheese, Zesty Horseradish, Creamy Jalapeno, Sweet Pepper & Garden Vegetable.

…and then you’re telling me I can make a shake with any of these flavors?!!!!?
Almond, Almond Joy, Amaretto, Apple, Apple Pie, Banana, Bananas Foster, Berry Berry, Birthday Cake, Black & Blue, Black & White, Blackberry, Blueberry, Blueberry Cheesecake, Blueberry Pie, Brownie Batter, Butterscotch, Caramel, Caribbean Rum, Cheesecake, Cherry, Cherry Cheesecake, Chocolate, Chocolate Banana Peanut, Butter, Chocolate Cherry, Chocolate Covered, Banana, Chocolate Covered Pretzel, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Cinnamon, Cinnamon Bun, Coconut, Coconut Cream Pie, Coffee, Cookie Dough, Creamsicle, Double Chocolate, Green Mint, Hazelnut, Heath Bar, Irish Cream, Key Lime Pie, Kiwi, Kiwi Strawberry, M & M, Macadamia Nut, Mango, Mango Kiwi, Marshmallow, Mocha, Mounds, Mud Pie, Neapolitan, Oreo, Oreo Cheesecake, Oreo Green Mint, Peach, Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter & Jelly, Peanut Butter Cup, Pina Colada, Pineapple, Pistachio, Raspberry, Reese’s Pieces, Root Beer, Shake of the Day, S’mores, Snickers, Strawberry, Strawberry Banana, Strawberry Cheesecake, Swiss Chocolate, Vanilla, Watermelon and White Chocolate.

Shakes (via tonyromen's Flickr)

Shakes (via tonyromen's Flickr)

I would need at least a year of dining here twice a day in order to satisfy all the crazy combinations that are swirling in my head right now.

I think my first meal would be a Serious (1/2 pounder)  with Pepperjack & Provolone, Lettuce, Tomato, Onion, Roasted Red Peppers, Onion Rings, Horseradish Sauce, Coleslaw and  Bacon. With an order of 1/2 fries 1/2 onion rings. For my first shake…..oh gawd, I don’t know….how about an Almond Joy, Chocolate Banana Peanut, Butter, Covered Pretzel, Coconut, M & M, Oreo and Peanut Butter Cup. If that doesn’t kill me I’ll come back at dinner for my  Brownie Batter, Cheesecake, Cinnamon Bun, Double Chocolate, Heath Bar, Oreo Cheesecake and Snickers.

Onion Rings (via s'kat's Flickr)

Onion Rings (via s'kat's Flickr)

I’m thinking about a Teriyaki Sauce, Bacon, BBQ Sauce and pineapple one too……and Bacon, Peanut Butter and mushroom! I’ve always wanted to try peanut butter on my burger. Goober burger anyone? I could go on and on and on with these combinations. Varta that’s it….if you deserve to be taken out anywhere this is it!  What do you say?

Cheeseburger, Fries & Shake (via Lea and Luna 101's Flickr)

Cheeseburger, Fries & Shake (via Lea and Luna 101's Flickr)

28 comments on “Jealous: Cheeburger Cheeburger Grubbers

1. Ryan says:

Want to check out a visit I took to Cheeburger Cheeburger….here’s something from May in case you missed it…

…and stay tuned to GrubGrade later today, James and I took the Cheeburger Pounder Challenge a couple months ago and filmed some of it.

2. Not shockingly, I’ve finished the pounder challenge rather easily about ten years ago and my picture was placed on the wall at the Sanibel Island, Florida location.

3. Craig says:

I need to go back there soon. I didn’t get to try the shakes last time. There was one a few miles from my house but it closed down. Theres still one about 30 minutes away.

4. Way cool Bear! I would have to get the classic with provolone, mushrooms, lettuce, tomato and ketchup. Then an Mint Oreo milk shake and some of those light crispy onion rings! YUM! :D

5. Adam Bomb says:

I would just die if I were lucky enough to have one of these within driving distance. And believe me, Bear, a peanut butter burger is amazing!

I think this is what I’d go for on my dream visit:

Serious burger: American, Swiss, and cheddar. sauteed onions, mayo, banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, tabasco sauce, chopped garlic, bacon.

1/2 onion rings, 1/2 fries.

Milkshake: cherry, reese’s pieces, and birthday cake.

Gawd, I’m salivating like Pavlov’s dog with a huge bell ringing in it’s ear. I could easily map out my second, third, and fourth trips here, but I won’t….lol

6. Jillian says:

We have one in Langhorne, PA (Bucks County) if you’re ever in the Philly area. Also across the street from Sesame Place.

7. SkippyMom says:

** drooling ** 1/2 lb with swiss, mushrooms, raw onions and grey poupon. With the onion rings. Yes, must have those.

And just pour a shake on me. I don’t care. Pick.

[Although Pooldad would definitely have the Almond Joy]

8. SkippyMom says:

[sorry for the quick second comment, but I just went to their website]
    OMG! OMG! THEY JUST OPENED ONE 3 miles from my house!!! Wow.

So cool. Date night is tomorrow night and I wanted Roy Rogers [stop laughing :)] but we are going here before the movie instead.

Sigh. Life is good. Thanks for the review.

9. nuttyturnip says:

Honestly, the burgers aren’t that great. They’re not bad (kind of dry and flavorless), but you can do much better at a Red Robin or Fuddruckers. The key draw here is the milkshakes, which are indeed as awesome as you can imagine.

10. Harleen says:

The one near my house closed, but there’s one about 20 minutes away. I just LOVE this place…the two smallest burgers are big enough, the topping choices are amazing (I can’t even pick a favorite!) and they have the best cherry Cokes ever. If you ever go, get the frings (fries and onion rings) basket…trust me on that one!

11. Chaz says:

This is all made to order fresh stuff…so you can get your burger done as you like it…I normally go for a medium-well and with all those toppings you can’t go wrong.. The place sorta has a diner-like atmosphere that I like, but there always seems to be a lot of screaming kids when I go. I feel so old saying that.

12. Birmingham Cheeburger Guest says:

Cheeburger Cheeburge isn’t that good, although this was the location in Birmingham, MI which closed, so perhaps it was a local problem. Dry burgers, bad service.

13. Charles says:

Nuttyturnip is right, I went there when I was away in Maryland, and the burger was pretty bad. All the toppings are just to give flavor to a flavorless burger.

14. cress says:

Bear…how can you write about a restaurant with such enormous praise and you HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE? Their burgers may taste like shit. Their onion rings look nice, but they may taste like utter doggy-doo also. I drive by restaurants everyday and say “Hey, that might be good.” But I don’t comment about it until I actually eat there!

15. Jon says:

It’s not a review cress.

16. cress says:

Well then what is it Jon? Is it a wishlist? Its pretty close to being a review. I respect Bears reviews and find his write-ups very good, but why do a HUGE write-up on a restaurant if you can’t speak of the quality of their food? No offense Bear. Thats just my opinion.

17. Adam Bomb says:

There are other food blogs out there, man. You don’t have to rag on this one. He did a write-up on it because he wanted to. It’s not like you pay for a subscription here or anything.

18. IBeAnonymous says:

I discovered that place existed about three months ago! I salivated over the site and made a plan to go the next day. I got directions from Google Maps and was on my way. Sadly, the map was wrong and we ended up clear on the other side of town. It seems since the location was so new, the shopping center had not been put into the map data yet :( I ended up going to California Pizza Kitchen instead. But the dream of Cheeburger lives on, I WILL go there one day!

19. Caren says:

There was a cheeburger near me for a long while and it was absolutely delicious… that is until they (were required by law?) stopped making burgers less than well done. it is hard for a burger to be delicious when they’ve cooked all the flavor out of it. and they closed down :(

20. Bear Silber says:

@Ryan – That video was freakin’ fantastic….I’ve got to get out there with you two and do it all over again!

@IndianapolisEater – Hahah, nice.

@Craig – I would easily drive 30 minutes for this! What kind of shake do you get?

@Erin Brooks – That sounds like a damn good lunch!

@Adam Bomb – F yeah! That’s a spot on menu you’ve made there my friend. I’m drooling now too. Seriously….how many visits would it take to start to make a dent in the hundreds of combinations I’d like to try?

@Jillian – Good to know :)

@SkippyMom – I’m with Pooldad! Go…go…go NOW! …..did you?

@nuttyturnip – You know, I’ve never been to Red Robin or Fuddruckers but I’d like to go there too.

@Harleen – Frings!!!! FTW!

@Chaz – That’s sweet that’ll they cook it how you want it…I know some place (I think Five Guys for one) are afraid to make anything less than well done.

@Birmingham Cheeburger Guest – Too bad.

@Charles – Hopefully it was just that location

@cress – Haha, I’m praising their selection of toppings, condiments and flavors. I’ve never seen something quite that extensive…it’s very impressive. It definitely has me craving it even though I’ve never been there, I think that’s a great marketing feat. Why so serious? This isn’t a review my friend.

@Jon – See Jon gets it :P

@cress – I never ever mentioned anything about the quality of their food…obviously because I have no empirical experience with it…I do know however that they’re making me drool from thousands of miles away….and tempting me to make that 1000 mile journey just to find out if they are crap.

@Adam Bomb – Well said my friend…..but we don’t mind him reading it :P ….we just mind him being an arse.

@IBeAnonymous – Hahaha, I was just listening to a discussion on NPR about GPS units and getting people lost. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=111809897

They should do a Harold and Kumar (I guess they’ll have to maybe to Harold & Raj or something now) Go To Cheeburger Cheeburger :P

@Caren – Ah hah…there’s the kicker….see I knew other places were having to do that.

21. Zachary Jacob Zblewski says:

If this place has you impressed, check out Red Robin and Fuddruckers and Ruby Tuesday.

22. cress says:

I am not ragging on this blog or trying to be an arse. I just thought it sounded a bit like watching the trailer for a movie and then commenting about how this “part is going to be awesome” or “the FX is going to be a amazing”. Then you see it and it sux. I am sorry if my opinion offended anyone.

23. @Zachary Jacob Zblewski – I know, I know….I REALLY want to try Fuddruckers and Red Robin. I have been to Ruby Tuesday but I haven’t had their burgers. I love the salad bar!

@cress – I understand the critque…but what’s wrong with talking about a cool trailer….or maybe even a nice car you’ve seen but haven’t been able to drive yet…or a video game that looks epic but isn’t out yet?

We’re all here just to have a good time. Keep it light :P

24. Adam Bomb says:

@Zachary Jacob Zblewski: I just ate at Red Robin for the first time last night! It was pretty darned good. I had the new burger with fried jalapeno slices and pepperjack on it. YUM. I also enjoyed the bottomless steak fries. That’s a killer idea. I’ll be going for the Whiskey River BBQ burger next time.

25. cress says:

Bear, thanx for understanding my review of your piece. I also understand where you are coming from, and I am sorry if I came off as cynical. We are all here to comment about our love of food, and have a good time, as you said.

26. sweetspot says:

After reading this I was salivating over Cheeburger also. One openned nearby so I took my teens today. I hate to say it but it was terrible. I mean really terrible. The burger had an off flavor, many toppings offered were not available, the fries were limp and the onion rings had a stong baking soda like flavor and were half cooked. The milkshakes were very thin and all tasted like chocolate the only difference in any of them were tiny unrecognizable pieces of whatever mix in pieces in it.

It was $55 for 4 and most of it was left on the table. Given the food and really poor service we won’t be going back. For a good burger 5 Guys and Fuddruckers can’t be beat. It was good to at least give it a try.

27. Mustache says:

Tried Cheeburger, Cheeburger today — sampled several burgers and a chicken sandwich. Was VERY disappointed in it. The onion rings were nothing to write home about. The fries were okay. So disappointed in it all.