GrubGrade Video: Cheeburger Pounder Challenge

I’m sure alot of you GrubGraders out there have seen the television show Man vs. Food.  You know, the show where the host tries to eat seemingly impossible amounts of food.  After a long, tough day on the golf course, Ryan and I had worked up quite an appetite and decided to head to Cheeburger Cheeburger for a challenge of our own.  We decided to take on the “Famous Pounder” cheeseburger, which is actually has a pre-cooked weight of 20 ounces.

Cheeburger Cheeburger

Ryan topped his burger with lettuce, tomato, raw onion, and American cheese.  He also requested BBQ sauce and Thousand Island dressing on the side.  I topped my burger with lettuce, onion, pickles, thousand island dressing and mustard.  To accompany our burgers we ordered “Frings” (fries and onion rings) for the table.  We each ordered lemonade as our beverage.

Cheeburger Cheeburger

1/3 Pounder on the left, "Famous Pounder" on the right

I’ll be honest a 20 oz burger sounded huge, and I was a little worried if I would be able to finish it, but I had no choice.  If I didn’t, Ryan would never let me hear the end of it.  When the burgers came to the table, it wasn’t as intimidating as I had pictured in my mind.  Ryan and I both finished the burger with no problem.  It took us around 8 minutes to finish the monster.  The pounder challenge will run you $10.99. As it turns out the Cheeburger challenge wasn’t much of a challenge at all as we both had room for dessert.  Cheeburger may have the largest milkshake menu I have ever seen.  They have dozens of options and you mix and match them to come up with your own creation.  Ryan ended his day with the Rocky Road Shake, while I had the Chocolate Oreo Shake. After we were through we got our pictures on the wall of fame holding the giant stuffed cheeseburger. The wall of fame was filled with pictures of those who had completed the challenge previously. This showed that what we had done was not that special.   We  probably would have posted about this challenge video much earlier if it wasn’t for it being so embarrassingly easy (we actually filmed this back in May). Bear’s “Jealous” post inspired the creation of this goofy 3 minute video.

11 comments on “GrubGrade Video: Cheeburger Pounder Challenge

1. brad says:

lmao at that 3 second pause and ‘can’t stop won’t stop’, hahaha.

fucking hilarious video. you should do more.

2. cress says:

LOL..the John Hughes shout-out and imatation Judd Nelson walkoff was great!

3. Fan-f#$%-tastic!!!! I love it. I want to try it myself. Is there any amount of topping you HAVE to have?

4. Oh man you guys that was so adorable! More videos!

5. SkippyMom says:

Definitely the end was hysterical – and the giggling throughout – too funny!

Yes.yes.yes. More videos! :)

6. Raiders757 says:

A 20oz. burger in eight minutes, and still room for a shake? Damn, that’s crazy. I do have to laugh though. Someone who puts thousand Island dressing(glorified mayo) on a burger, has no right to rip on someone for putting mustard on theirs. Talk about ruining a burger.

Reading this site today reminded me that we have a Cheeseburger Cheeseburger in Williamsburg. Next time I’m up that way, I think I’m going to stop and get a shake.

7. Jillian says:

I have a big crush on Ryan now, and also on the fact that they used Neutral Milk Hotel for that video. Solid.

8. Adam Bomb says:

Loved the video, especially the Judd Nelson nod at the end!

9. drpep says:

I have the same Cheerwine shirt as Ryan.

10. Go Ryan Go Ryan Go Ryan! Such a great accomplishment!

11. [...] foot long hot dog is known as the “Boomstick”.It’s 26 bucks and I want it.  A one-pound burger is easy for an amateur like myself so a hot dog should be no different (but what about all the weight of the fixins’?) Looks [...]