Jealous: Carey Jones

Coconut Cream (photo: Carey Jones)

Coconut Cream (photo: Carey Jones)

Are you kidding me?!? Look at these works of edible art from the Doughnut Plant in New York City. Lucky dog Carey Jones of Serious Eats decided to try all their offerings and tell us how good they are. You can read the full post here.

Look at these list of flavors!!!

• Carrot Cake
  • Valrhona Yeast doughnut
  • Blackout Doughnut
  • Blueberry
  • Coconut Cream
  • Tres Leches
  • Crème Brûlée

Which would you like to try? Which have you tried? What’s your favorite doughnut ever?

Valrhona Cake Doughnut (photo: Carey Jones)

Valrhona Cake Doughnut (photo: Carey Jones)

8 comments on “Jealous: Carey Jones

1. I wish I could go to NY to try these. the Valrhona Cake Doughnut sounds really good, so does the Blackout Cake Doughnut too! MMM chocolate! Great now I have a craving!

2. rob says:

I would eat 7 of the Creme Brulee donuts

3. Raiders757 says:

I would have to say my favorite doughnut ever, is Boston Cream.

If I had the chance, I would try the banana cake,Vanilla Glazed doughnut with Raspberry Jam, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Valrhona Cake doughnut, Blackout Doughnut, Tres Leches, and the Crème Brûlée. Then I would fall out from a sugar coma.

4. SkippyMom says:

Homemade Kinklings dusted in powdered sugar. Yum. Store bought would be a cake donut dusted in regular sugar. [Yes, yes I am boring :)]

5. cress says:

The banana cake and the PBJ sound sound good. My favorite donut is simply an Original glazed from Krispy Kreme. It would be nice to have some locally owned doughnut shops where I live, but Krispy Kreme has this market covered.

6. varta says:

I want one of each. According to their website, at this time, Doughnut Plant does not do mail orders, that means eventually they will, right? I think I’m going to have to make a trip to NYC… I love doughnuts.

7. Heather says:

I would love to try the Banana Pecan. My favorite has always been a Boston Cream. Don’t eat them much, though. Too fattening and not filling enough. :(

8. I am with Cress. Original from Krispy Kreme. The chocolate from Krispy Kreme is not to shabby either. I went to Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland and I would say that it my favorite doughnut experience, but I still like the standards the best.