Coca-Cola Freestyle Beverage Dispenser

Welcome to the future of fountain drinks.  Via BSquare:

Unlike a typical fountain dispenser that offers less than 10 beverages with a significant “back room” dependency, Coca-Cola Freestyle™ uses highly concentrated ingredients along with microdosing technology to enable it to make more than 100 different types of beverages with minimal “back room” requirements such as carbonated water and sweetener.

Key to the Coca-Cola Freestyle™ dispensers is the different user interfaces that appeal to different types of users.  For consumers, it’s a simple, easy to understand user interface that intuitively guides the user through all the beverage choices. The same flexible functionality also guides a typical outlet crew through the steps necessary to maintain the machine.  A technician interface provides service personnel with troubleshooting tips and essential service data

Connected directly to Coca-Cola’s network, operational activity now can be managed remotely.  For example, restaurant operators can order new supplies based on demand consumption; sales and equipment status can be retrieved from the dispenser unit; and software, artwork for its touch screen LCD panel which runs on Windows CE or new beverage recipes can be downloaded directly to the dispensers.

The Coca-Cola Freestyle machines are currently being tested in California, Utah and Georgia. Expansion to around 60 units is projected by late Summer.

12 comments on “Coca-Cola Freestyle Beverage Dispenser

1. Josh says:

ZOMG…never before sold in the US…GIMME FANTA MELONZZZZZ…sorry…but Melon Fanta = BEST SODA EVER

2. Justin says:

The video is private. Having worked in food service before, I can appreciate the benefits this machine offers.

3. Dude I know!!!!! I’ve been trying to get my rep to get me one of these 🙂 They’re darn pricey.

4. Adam Bomb says:

What happened to the vid that was up yesterday? There’s a different one now.

I would LOVE to use one of these machines!! It looks badass.

5. Ryan says:

@ Adam Bomb … How different is it? The other one ended up being marked as private so I had to nab a new one.

6. Adam Bomb says:

The one that was up yesterday was like someone had a camcorder, and was being shown how the machine worked. The room sounded like it was full of people, too. The one today looks like it was professionally shot. I watched the one from yesterday, and it wasn’t private or anything. They must have locked it up after I watched it.

7. bj says:

I have been looking forward to this machine for months. I was hoping for Surge to make a comeback with it, but sadly, it looks like that is not happening. I am happy I live in Atlanta, so I can try it out soon…

8. Jon says:

I guess these will only be in restaurants?

9. […] Check out a video demonstration of this glorious machine here. […]

10. Raiders757 says:

Where is the Rum option? This does me no good if it can’t mix a stiff rum & coke.

11. drpep says:

This looks like a nightmare. Can you imagine standing behind someone as they spend time trying to decide which of the 100 choices thay want.

12. h3z says:

does anyone know a website where i can get more information about other types of drink dispening machines?