McDonald’s Happy Meals 30th Anniversary

Ty Beanie Babies

Ty Beanie Babies

Did you know McDonald’s introduced the Happy Meal in June of 1979? I did not. That means this year marks the 30th anniversary….dang that makes me feel old. Another thing I didn’t know is that they’re doing an entire promotion and bringing back the Ty Teenie Beanie Babies (their most successful Happy Meal toy)! They’re rolling out a whopping 30 of them, one for each year.

I’m just excited that they’ve got 4 bears :P  Streamers, Thirty, Frostiness & Celebration. I’ve got to head out to the good ol’ Golden Arches and see if I can gather some of my kin. Did anyone else collect these?

They’ll be running this promotion until August 13th so be sure to go get yours. Here’s the whole list of all 30:

Ty Teenie Beanie Baby Happy Meal Toy Collection:

• Grimace
  • Spurs the Horse
  • Frostiness the Polar Bear
  • Celebration the Bear

9 comments on “McDonald’s Happy Meals 30th Anniversary

1. David says:

i need a grimace beanie baby.

2. SkippyMom says:

My sympathies to all McDs’ workers everywhere. Hang tough :)

3. Yum Yucky says:

Well this explains why my kid got a Penguin in yesterday’s Happy Meal. I thought it was lame, but now it all makes sense. So why is the bear’s name “Thirty”? I don’t get it.

4. @Yum Yucky – …..Thirty…..30 year anniversary..get it? :P

5. Raiders757 says:

My daughter was big into Beanie Babies. We have boxes full of them. Somewhere is a box with the entire Mcdonald’s collection that I know of, gathered through buying Happy Meals as well as flea markets and trade shows.

6. orb205 says:

I had a family member (someone over 30 btw) who collected beanie babies and bought the entire collection from the happy meals. I think she spent well over a few hundred on her rare collectible beanie babies which eventually ended up at an orphanage because who the hell wants to buy those things back from you? Good for those kids though!

7. John Hoy says:

I absolutely hate it when kids whine and not getting the toy they wanyt when we do not even have the one they want in the store. And usually they send a customer satisfaction box of toys (a box containing 3 to 4 full multiple sets), but this this time.

8. Bridget Walling says:

I didnt know it would end so soon. I have 7 that I will sell if anyone needs them.
    Ronald McDonald
    Thirty the Bear
    Skunkers the Skunk
    Ming the Panda
    Boomer the Dog
    Frostiness the Polar Ber
    Rascal the Dog

All in packages.
    I also have a Happy Meal Box with the pictures on it.

My phone number is 803-233-4619
    Thanks!
    Bridget

9. woolsley says:

Hey I’m in love with the Lamb because its so cute and appealing and my addiction will not stop be cause two years ago I lost my bffffffffffff. And his name was pee wee and I will do any ting for him back where is he hey if any one is willing to hide one some where tell me where it is ok thx