Man, 2009 is flying by.  It’s almost July which means the Dairy Queen’s 7th blizzard of the month will soon make its debut.  For the month of July, “DQ” is releasing a brand new blizzard, the Girl Scouts Tagalongs Peanut Butter Patties Blizzard.  This has to be some type of record for the longest name of a dessert.  The new blizzard features the classic Tagalong cookie…a crispy cookie layered with peanut butter and covered in chocolate.  The cookies are broken into bite size pieces and mixed with creamy vanilla soft serve.

dairy-queen-tagalongs-blizzard

Now this blizzard is more up my alley.  The Midnight Truffle, Raspberry Truffle and Brownie Batter blizzards all seemed like overkill to me.   This one is simple and the chocolate and peanut butter combo is tough to beat.

33 comments on “Food News: Dairy Queen Blizzard of the Month for July is the Girl Scout Tagalongs Peanut Butter Patties Blizzard

1. Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love me some PB Patties from the GSoA!!!!! I bet this is amazing! This my be the end of me.

2. Am I the only one who has never had these cookies before? :P

3. Jessica says:

OMG OM NOM NOM

I can’t even fathom how awesome that will be.

4. @Erin – OMG! I’m sending you some next time they sell ‘em. Please tell me you’ve had the Thin Mints straight from the freezer?

5. @Bear-No sorry Bear I’ve never had a thin mint either, I’ve had the Keebler Fudge Grass Hopper Cookies, I hear they are similar.
    My family just never bought Girl Scout cookies. I’ve never had any before. lol thanks for thinking of me though :D

6. Bear Silber says:

@Erin – Oh sweet deprived child :(

7. Marianne says:

@Erin – take Bear up on that offer. Thin Mints rock!

8. Ryan says:

PB/Choc and Vanilla softserve sounds like a winner to me.

BTW…Thin Mints are overrated… :) I am prepared for the backlash.

9. Bear Silber says:

@Ryan – Haha….but have you had them frozen?

10. James says:

There aren’t many things better than a Thin Mint straight from the freezer.

11. AK says:

The true king of Girl Scout cookies is the Samoa.

12. Adam Bomb says:

I’m salivating at the mere mention of the almighty Samoa….

13. Jenny says:

WHAT ABOUT THE COTTON CANDY BLIZZARD????!!!!!

14. john says:

I cannot believe this summer will not COTTON CANDY.
    Well, not soft serve from DQ this summer. Where is the
    fruit. i needed to lose weight anyway

15. Molly Elizabeth says:

The cotton candy blizzard is amazing! but when is it coming back??

16. Mcfizzy says:

COTTON CANDY BLIZZARD IS THE BEST they need to bring it back

17. Everyone says:

Bring back Cotton Candy!
    Bring back Cotton Candy!
    Bring back Cotton Candy!
    Bring back Cotton Candy!
    Bring back Cotton Candy!
    Bring back Cotton Candy!
    Bring back Cotton Candy!

As Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka would say, “And I want it NOW!”

18. Crystal says:

Bring back the Cotton Candy!!! That’s just wrong to get me addicted then just get rid of it. I waited all year for it to come back this summer.

19. isolda says:

Cotton Candy is/was my favorite. Please let me say it IS my favorite. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!

20. Eddie says:

Had one last night. The cookie bits were so small I couldn’t even see them. So disappointed.

21. YoYoMa says:

I’ve had several of the Tagalong blizzards… BIG chunks of cookie in all of them. Thought nothing could top the classic Oreo cookie blizzard, but this one may have knocked it from its throne.

22. Jen says:

I am not a cotton candy lover, but I do have to say a friend talked me into trying one with the tiny bits of candy….it is by far the BEST Blizzard I have ever had!!!! I am begging please bring it back!!!!!!!!! Cotton Candy……………..

23. Nick says:

Girl scout blizzards suck bring back cotton candy

24. Khristyan says:

I’m way annoyed that cotton candy blizzards aren’t coming back. They keep bringing new gross blizzards around. NOT TO MENTION, I’m allergic to chocolate and most of their blizzards have chocolate. THEY NEED TO BRING COTTON CANDY BLIZZARDS BACK AND KEEP THEM ON THE MENU!!

25. Steff says:

I agree with the above…. I’ve waited *all year* for the COTTON CANDY BLIZZARD to return, only to have to endure month after month of girl scout cookie blizzard advertisements!

Cotton Candy should be a standard menu! Believe me, I would be patronizing Dairy Queen *much* more frequently. Not to mention, my two boys are crazy about this blizzard too.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Bring it back!!!!!

26. Christopher says:

Our whole family wants the COTTON CANDY BLIZZARD!!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring it back!!!!!

It is the most delicious treat I have ever had in my life! Please don’t tell me I’ll never have it again….. :’(

27. christina says:

i love the cotton candy too. oone of m favorites. i have been waiting for it to come back out

28. Chris says:

THE COTTON CANDY BLIZZARD IS THE BEST. I agree with Khristyan above, almost all new blizzards are chocolate. WE WANT THE COTTON CANDY BACK!!!!!

COTTON CANDY!!
    COTTON CANDY!!
    COTTON CANDY!!
    COTTON CANDY!!
    COTTON CANDY!!
    COTTON CANDY!!

29. Megan says:

Cotton Candy lover! bring iti back DQ messed up taking it away, Cotton candy lover for life, bring it back please please please !!

30. Tori says:

im gonna cry if the cotton candy blizzard doesnt come back i dont go to dairy queen for ANYTHING besides that blizzard. what am i going to do now????? =(

31. Summer says:

Bring back the Cotton Candy Blizzard I’ve been waiting ALL YEAR and now I’m finding out it isnt coming back??!?!! If I had known this I would have bought a lifetime supply! PLEASE BRING THEM BACK AS A PERMANENT MENU ITEM! IM ADDICTED TO THEM.. LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!!!

COTTON CANDY!
    COTTON CANDY!
    COTTON CANDY!
    COTTON CANDY!
    COTTON CANDY!

32. E says:

Maybe we should all write Dairy Queen and tell them to bring back our beloved Cotton Candy blizzard. Might be more effective than writing on here.