First Impressions: New! Peach Milkshake from Chick-fil-A

I finally stepped away from my favorite Chick-fil-A shake, Cookies and Cream, and tried the New Peach Milkshake. First let me tell you that I have never had a peach milkshake.  I normally stick with the basics.  When I heard that Chick-fil-A came out with this new Summer treat, I had to try it.  After all,  Chick-fil-A headquarters are in Georgia, and who better to make a peach milkshake than a place that is located in the state of the Georgia Peach!?!

Georgia Peach

Georgia Peach

Anyways, the best word to describe this milkshake is AMAZING! I was totally impressed.  Anyone who has ever had a Chick-fil-A milkshake knows that they come in a styrofoam cup with whipped cream and a cherry on the top.  Hand-spun the old-fashioned way, these are tops among fast food shakes.

New Peach Milkshake from Chick-fil-A

New Peach Milkshake from Chick-fil-A

Therefore, the pictures do not do this milkshake any justice.  But let me tell you, this was one of the best milkshakes I have ever had from a fast food place. It was smooth and creamy, as all of their milkshakes are, but it was not an overpowering peach flavor.  Very naturally sweet and appropriately subtle.  There were literally little chunks of real peach throughout this milkshake.  Every other sip I took produced a little bit of peach.

Peach Milkshake

Peach Milkshake from many angles

This milkshake is only available for a limited time, so you should try one while you can.  If you are wary, you don’t have to commit to a 20oz shake anymore, Chick-fil-A now has a smaller 14oz choice.

I know this is just a quick first impressions but let’s give it a rating anyways…

GrubGrade:  9.25/10  (Exceptional)

Price: 14oz Small ($2.49)  720 calories and 19 grams of fat and 118 grams of sugar.

Price: 20oz Large ($2.89)  850 calories and 21 grams of fat and 144 grams of sugar.

Remember, they are only available until August 22nd!

20 comments on “First Impressions: New! Peach Milkshake from Chick-fil-A

1. Justin says:

If I had a Chik-Fil-A where I lived, I’d die a happy man.

2. Ryan says:

You’re welcome Heather…(I took those pics…I see my fancy Mazda interior…haha) So yes, I’ve had this shake too….and yes I agree with your impressions. I’m such a disciple of Chick-fil-A that probably anything positive said about their products I’ll more than likely agree with you.

*Check out that hunk of peach I caught going through the straw.

OK, yeah, yeah…look at all the calories/fat/sugar…but seriously, what do you expect from a delicious milkshake? It’s not like is an everyday thing. Or is it? hmmm. Anyways, good job CFA, another hit! The Peach Milkshake should be a summer offering from now on.

3. As my husband hates me for I eat mostly healthy. My downfall is pizza and Chick Fil A! I dream of the chargrilled chicken salad and sandwich. YUM! :D I have yet to have a milkshake cause I have to watch my sugar (hypoglycemic SUCKS), so I will live vicariously through you lol! Peach milkshake MMMMMMMM.

4. Sounds phenomenal….how does your ass feel about it’s extra baggage? :P

• Ryan says:

HAHAHAHA…messed up Bear. I’ve seen it and it looks great. :D Heather is all about moderation, trust me. How does my ass feel though? OK but I’m only 28.

5. John B. says:

I know the nutrition stats are accurate, but I’ve always been confused by them.

14oz Small: 720 calories and 19 grams of fat
    20oz Large: 850 calories and 21 grams of fat

It’s odd for a milkshake to have high calories and relatively low fat, but that’s understandable. I don’t get why there’s only 130 calories and 2 grams of fat with the 6 ounce size increase. Do they taste different or something? Is the 20 oz. less rich?

6. Adam says:

I feel at risk for Diabetes just looking at those nutritional. But damn that does look good!

7. Heather says:

@Bear-Milkshakes are not on my daily menu, as a matter of fact, they aren’t even on my monthly menu, (I also shared the small with a friend) so it didn’t add too much extra baggage. :)

@Ryan-Thanks for the compliment and pics (we share pics alot here at gg)

8. @Heather – Haha, I’m only teasing….but how can you write for GrubGrade and only have milkshakes on your quarterly menu?

• Heather says:

@Bear- Hehe, I know you are… Trust me, it isn’t easy. I love milkshakes, but of course can’t have them regularly. That’s why I try to review some of the more healthier options out there.

9. Bear Silber says:

@Heather – Haha, yeah I know. Me too.

10. sweetspot says:

@John I was thinking the same thing, how can 6 oz only equal another 130 calories. 720 is a lot for 14 oz but I really would love to try these.

11. So I’m psyched that they have chunks of peaches but did you find that the straw was big enough to handle the chunks? There’s nothing more frustrating that popping out your ears from sucking too hard.

12. Ryan says:

There is a promo running for June in this area…from 3-5pm every Monday…free milkshake.

13. James says:

Just tried the new peach shake. Its a good shake, but IMO not as good as either the chocolate or oreo shake. It didn’t have too much peach flavor, it was just a vanilla shake with peach chunks.

14. Meg says:

These peach milkshakes are absolutely incredible! Hands-down my favorite fast food treat ever. And the cherry is the perfect topper! :)

15. Oprah says:

This milkshAke is the bomb! I loved the coffee caramel one they used to have too. Other fast food shakes suck compared to chick fil a

16. megan says:

The difference in fat and calories between the small and large is not as great as one would expect because a large portion of each comes from the whipped cream, which is equal for both.

17. […] Back at Chick-fil-A for a Limited Time July 17, 2012 By: Ryan Category: Food NewsWith good reason (we loved it), the Hand-Spun Peach Milkshake has returned to the Chick-fil-A menu for a limited time this […]

18. […] Peach Milkshake (review) is back for a limited time at […]