Food News: Famous Daves Named Greatest Ribs in America

Lots of haters on my Famous Daves post from a little while back.  Although I didn’t have much on my plate to show for as far as BBQ is concerned, I thought this news was interesting.  I’m not trying to say Famous Daves has the greatest ribs in America (I rarely get their ribs), I’m just saying they have been shown some love.  Who do you think has the greatest ribs in the country?

famous_daves_logoFrom QSR Mag

Famous Dave’s Bar-B-Que won the award for “Greatest Ribs in America” at the 18th Annual Marc’s Great American Rib Cook-Off in Cleveland, Ohio.

The prestigious BBQ competition was held over the Memorial Day weekend and included many of the top competitive grillers in America. Organizers estimate that the BBQ experts at the event serve up more than 1 million ribs over the course of the weekend.

“The Cleveland rib cook-off is one of the most competitive in the nation, and it has a long and storied tradition in the world of barbecue,” says Christopher O’Donnell, president and CEO of Famous Dave’s.

“We couldn’t be more proud of our Rib Team. They’ve added another esteemed trophy to our own tradition of award-winning BBQ.”

In addition to being named “Greatest Ribs in America,” Famous Dave’s took home a third-place trophy in the “Greatest Sauce in America” competition.

7 comments on “Food News: Famous Daves Named Greatest Ribs in America

1. John says:

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Famous Daves ribs are pretty delicious, but I’ve definitely had better from some hole in the wall joints down south. That’s a shock.

2. Adam says:

I am a hater. Sorry but I cannot stand FD’s. They are ok for what they are; but as far as chains go I still think Red, Hot, and Blue is better.

3. The best ribs I’ve had was at Hickory House in Aspen Colorado. So freakin’ good!

Lance likes this place too:

4. Jon says:

I wonder how the award-winning ribs compare to the ribs they sell in their restaurants.

5. James says:

I’ve only had FD’s ribs once, and I wasn’t very impressed. Best restaurant ribs ive had are from Houston’s.

6. rob says:

I second Red Hot & Blue, I used to eat at the original one in Arlington.

7. SkippyMom says:

I have to agree with Jon on this – wonder what they did to their “award winning ribs” because they certainly aren’t serving them to us!

Definitely a disliker of FD – overpriced and everything tastes like garlic. Ribs are undercooked. Meh.